YOUR TURN: WHO'S TO BLAME?
- Prioritizing Healthy. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;2/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p22
This article reveals that the nutrition therapy department at Gundersen Lutheran Health System in La Crosse, Wisconsin has decided to address the obesity issue by developing the 500 Club which is a program aimed at helping people make healthy food choices. The 500 Club is made up of members,...
- Michigan Hospitals Pledge Healthy Changes. // Food Management;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the move of 50 hospitals across Michigan regarding the voluntary Healthy Food Hospitals initiative which addresses healthy eating issues.
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- Flame on! Clancy, Ambrose // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 36, p1A
The article focuses on the meals offered at the hospitals in the U.S. According to the author, executive chef of RMS Queen Mary II Jean-Marie Zimmerman has created more than 70 creative dishes for both St. Catherine's and Mercy Hospital with future plans for more taste-bud sensation to be served...
- The heart of the matter: Study on trans fat makes blood curdle but accelerates change. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;2/20/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p27
The article presents a survey released by the Center for Science in the Public Interest which shows that top hospitals in the U.S. were serving their staff, visitors and some patients foods prepared with partially hydrogenated oil. Trans fat is known to attack heart in a two-pronged fashion....
- Two MA hospitals commit to sustainable foods. // FoodService Director;3/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that Fairview Hospital in Great Barrington and Cooley Dickinson in Northampton, both in Massachusetts, have joined the Health Care Without Harm movement, which is dedicated to encouraging hospitals to serve healthful food that is locally sourced and sustainable. The hospitals...
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...