ARAMARK PROMOTES '5 A DAY'
- Program To Promote Health Education In Schools Unveiled. // Education Week;5/8/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the launching of a four-year, four million dollars program to promote health education in schools by the Metropolitan Life Foundation, the philanthropic entity of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. The organization will provide grants to selected schools for the...
- Program Targets Childhood Obesity. // Parks & Recreation;Sep2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p22
This article reports that the Comprehensive Health Education Foundation, which develops prevention curricula nationwide, has released an innovated new series, FUEL and trade. FUEL targets kids, ages 10-18, in an edgy, upbeat and powerful way that empowers them to take action to improve their lives.
- Older adult program for Atlantic provinces. // Active Living;Sep2006, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
The article reports on the donation from the RBC Financial Group Foundation in support of the implementation of the Get Fit for Active Living program of the Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging in the Atlantic Provinces and northeastern Ontario. The three-year program is open for people age 55...
- Holistic health research. Butler, Graham // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2004, Issue 265, p72
Features the Holistic Health Research Foundation of Canada, a registered charity dedicated to improve health, wellness and quality of life by advancing the scientific understanding of complementary and alternative therapies. Research of natural health products, traditional medicines, physical...
- To Your Health! // American Fitness;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p65
Focuses on the campaign launched by Ken Lizar, CEO of Glen Ellen, on educating women about their risks from heart disease. Heart health information provided by the company on its products; Worth of the donation that will be given by the company to the American Heart Association; Goal of the...
- Nominations Invited for 1996 Healthtrac Foundation Awards. // American Journal of Public Health;Mar1996, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p375
The article presents information on the invitation announcement for nominations for the 1996 Healthtrac Foundation Awards. The Healthtrac Prize is for major achievement in health improvement, with emphasis on recent contributions to health. It will be awarded to that individual who has done the...
- AFC launches 'Cure' campaign. // Windy City Times;2/4/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p5
This article reports on the launch of a public-awareness campaign called With Me Comes a Cure by the AIDS Foundation of Chicago in 2009.
- ChefsGiving events give needy a Thanksgiving meal. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p22
Reports on the participation of chefs involved with the Chef and Child Foundation in the feeding of Thanksgiving meals to needy children in Orlando, Florida, New Orleans, Louisiana, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois during the 2000 ChefsGiving event.
- NACDS prefers awareness to keep DXM products on shelf. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;8/13/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p25
The article reports on the collaboration of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Foundation with the Consumer Healthcare Products Association in educating the public on the danger of abusing prescription and over-the-counter drugs in the U.S. The NACDS Foundation granted $50,000...