REP SEEKS COMPETITIVE FOODS REG
- UNDERSCORINGS. A. P. F. // America;3/9/1946, Vol. 74 Issue 23, p587
A summary is presented of the bill H. R. 3370, the National School Lunch Bill, past by the House to the Senate in the U.S.
- IN RHODE ISLAND DISTRICTS: School lunch exemption sought. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p2
States that the Rhode Island state legislature has sent a bill that would exempt it from adhering to the U.S. National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Sales of the Barrington school district in its menu that do not meet NSLP requirements; Purpose of the bill.
- Lift Cap on Proteins and Grain in School Lunches. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;3/11/2013, p9
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. Sensible School Lunch Act on protein and grains cap in federal school meals programs.
- The truth behind my school lunch opt-out bill: SB 1061. Crandall, Rich // Inside Tucson Business;2/10/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 37, Special section p21
The author discusses the aspects of Senate Bill (SB) 1061, a school lunch opt-out bill in the U.S. The author says that SB 1061 supporters and opponents disagree with capacity of constituents and local communities to take charge of the children. He believes that the bill may prevent hunger for...
- Legislation Could Improve Nutritional Quality, School Foods. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the introduction of the Child Nutrition Promotion and School Lunch Act of 2006, which would amend the Child Nutrition Act of 1966. The bill would update the definition of food of minimal value, which would improve the nutritional quality of foods sold at schools. School...
- House Panel Passes Surplus-Food Bill. // Education Week;3/23/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 26, p2
The article reports that the House Education and Labor Committee has approved a bill that will provide additional food for the school-lunch program in the U.S. The surplus-food bill, H R 1513, is similar to a legislation approved by the Senate Agriculture Committee that requires the Department...
- THE LISTENING POST. // Educational Leadership;Jan1945, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p174
The article presents a discussion related to the problem of enacting sound and dependable federal school lunch legislation in the U.S. It is important that school people be informed and take action to obtain school lunch legislation which will provide adequate financial support to schools and...
- Child Nutrition Programs--Income Eligibility Guidelines. Tribiano, Jeffrey J. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/23/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 57, p17004
The article offers information on a notice issued by the U.S. Food and Nutrition Service to declare the income eligibility guidelines for the schools in the U.S. which are participating in the U.S. National School Lunch Program, milk and breakfast programs to attain eligibility for free and...
- Lunch Rule Proposed. A. T. // Education Week;10/9/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the proposed regulation of the Department of Agriculture wherein it would require states to evaluate students' eligibility for free and reduced-price school meals in the U.S. Significantly, local school districts are checking a sampling of participants in the...