NATIONAL SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM: USDA finalizes school meal verification reporting rules
- Summer food program feeds area youth. Van Dorn, Sean // New York Amsterdam News;7/4/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 27, p4
Reports the launch of the Summer Food Service program for school children initiated by representative Nydia Velazquez in New York City. Support of the Community Food Resource Center organizations on the project; Aim of the program to provide nutrition to the youth; Role of the Department of...
- (NUTRITION) USDA Proposes Evaluation Method for Fresh Fruit Funding Program. // Community Health Funding Week;9/11/2009, p17
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Nutrition Service has proposed an evaluation method for its Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP). FFVP helps fight childhood obesity and improve overall diet quality by teaching children more healthful eating habits. Schools selected to participate...
- E Control Systems' Manual and Automated HACCP Control Solution for Food Service Divisions in Schools and Hospitals. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec2005, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p51
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service has issued guidelines on implementing a food safety system in schools. The guidelines will assist school food authorities in meeting the requirement in Section 111 of the Child Nutrition and WIC...
- Advocacy Update: Program Keeps Kids Fed Year-Round. Vinluan, Monica Hobos // Parks & Recreation;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on sponsoring of Summer Food Servicing Program (SFSP) by the park and recreational agencies. The data provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture reveals that 13 million children suffered from food insecurity in 2002. The federal government administers a number of...
- FNS Increases Per-Meal Rate. // FoodService Director;11/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service to raise the per meal rate for its food purchase program for the school year 2006-2007. The decision was made after the failure to meet at least 12% of its support level in the last school...
- USDA Seeks Local Input on Unpaid School Meal Balances. BLAD, EVIE // Education Week;11/12/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article presents a post from the journal's education blog "Rules for Engagement," reporting on the activities of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service division regarding the management of unpaid meal balances in school lunch programs.
- New USDA Rule for Increased Reimbursements. // Food Management;Jun2012, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p10
The article offers information on a new rule concerning the increased reimbursement for healthier school meals made by the Food and Nutrition Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Revised school food standards seek more grains, less fat. Tucker, Charlotte // Nation's Health;Mar2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that the new school meal nutrition standards set on January 25, 2012 by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Service aim to offer students with more servings of fruits and vegetables, whole-grain food, and low-fat or fat-free milk options on a daily basis.
- California Challenges Lunch Applications. // Education Week;3/31/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p2
The article reports on the agreement of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition Services to respond to the allegations that they are requiring Social Security numbers on students' applications for fee and reduced-price lunches in California. An analysis of the requirement...