SCHOOL FOOD IN THE NEWS
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p71
Presents news briefs on the food service sector in the U.S., as of June 2003. Appointment of Lee Anne Hilsman as director of marketing by Tampa Maid Foods; Agreement entered into by Starbucks to acquire Seattle Coffee Co.; Selection of Chris Testa as vice president of Allied Brands of Snapple...
- QUALITY ASSURANCE IN A SNAP(PLE). Foote, Andrea // Beverage World;7/15/2004, Vol. 123 Issue 7, p49
Presents a case study of beverages formulation at Snapple Beverage Corp. Challenges being faced by the company in maintaining its product consistency and flavor; Features of the Mettler Toledo DL53 Titrator, an equipment used for acidity testing in beverage formulation; Benefits of the machine...
- front of the house. // Food Management;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p18
Reports developments related to food service industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. Pilot program of Delta Air Lines on food choices; Agreement between Snapple and New York City; Revision of the Food Guide Pyramid.
- Philly picks Aramark. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
This article reports on a food service contract awarded by the School District of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania to Aramak in September 2005. According to Aramark, its contract is for one year with options for an additional four years, and calls for the contractor, to manage food service in 115...
- District takes online meal orders from private school clients. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/3/2017, p1
The article discusses the system of delivering prepared food through online forms to clients including private schools, day care centers and community service sites by school district Westside Community in Omaha, Nebraska.
- NEWS in BRIEF. Bowman, Darcia Harris; Hurst, Marianne D.; Gehring, John; Bradley, Ann; Gewertz, Catherine; Borja, Rhea R. // Education Week;3/26/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p4
Presents news items related to schools in the United States as of March 26, 2003. Partnership between the U.S. Air Force and the Gilbert, Arizona school district for launch of a military high school in August; Fine imposed on 36 public schools in Baltimore, Maryland by the city's health...
- Market watch. // American School & University;Jan1998, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p3
Presents charts of the top ten states, schools and school districts in the United States in 1997 for various market categories. Includes the top ten states with the most K-12 school buildings; Largest K-12 bond issues passed; States with the most public school districts; States with the largest...
- NCES Report Pegs School Repair Costs at $127 Billion. Richard, Alan // Education Week;07/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p10
Discusses the United States National Center for Education Statistics' (NCES) report which showed that a substantial number of schools in districts that serve poorer students are in need of repairs. Total amount needed for repairs and additions to school facilities; Comments of Joe Argon, the...
- Calif. Contractor Law Under Fire. // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p18
Reports on calls for the repeal of a California law that limits the ability of school districts to outsource certain functions including food service. Claims of supporters and opponents of the law.