What constitutes 'healthy' vending?
- HOW TO MEASURE, MANAGE & MAXIMIZE: THE PROFITABILITY MIX. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p75
Argues that brand drive the product mix in vending. Information on the right product combinations; Categories of snack machines.
- Trend watch. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jan99, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p14
Takes a look at the different snacks offered in office vending machines.
- Clean Snacking For Energy. Mangiamele, Deborah A. // OfficePro;May/Jun2010, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on the importance of clean snacking for energy. It defines eating clean as choosing real food as close to its natural state as possible. When making clean snack choices, one should avoid the office vending machine. It presents a list of snack ideas which includes fresh apple...
- Powerful industry peddles fat, sugar in schools. Simon, Michles // National Catholic Reporter;11/19/2004, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the nutritional quality of the beverages and snacks sold in school vending machines and law and legislation aimed at improving the quality. While nominal nutrition standards apply to federal school meals, anything goes for all other foods, which are sold mere steps away...
- The School Food Trust - Case Studies. // Vending International;Oct2007, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p11
The article focuses on the healthy eating offered by Boston Spa, a comprehensive secondary school with sports college status, to its students in West Yorkshire, England. The school has decided to introduce the vending machines to provide children alternatives to cripy snacks, chocolate and fizzy...
- The best (& worst!) vending machine snacks. Roufos, Anna // Glamour;Oct2004, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p120
Focuses on the awareness about the nutritional value of vending machine snacks, candy bars, cookies and fruity treats. Calorie content of light microwave popcorn; Amount of fats in chocolate chip cookies.
- United Kingdom Snacks Vending. // Snacks Vending Industry Profile: United Kingdom;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the snacks vending industry in the United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Healthier snacks from smarter machines. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/31/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 53, p3
The article offers information on the Sprout Healthy Vending machines which offers healthier snacks, uses Energy Star to conserve electricity, and accepts cards, as well as automatically refunding payments if no goods are produced and electronically notifying the owner if stocks are low.
- To Stock Core Products: Using Plan-O-Grams. Silver, Sheldon // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p153
Focuses on the popularity of the use of plan-o-grams for glass-front snack machines in the United States. Theory of plan-o-grams; How to help manage the program; Reasons for the use of plan-o-grams.