Effect of Carrot Intake in the Prevention of Gastric Cancer: A Meta-Analysis
- Anti-ulcer drug may prevent stomach cancer. // Filipino Post;8/13/2015, p9
No abstract available.
- Anti-ulcer drug may prevent stomach cancer. // South Asian Post;8/13/2015, p9
No abstract available.
- A plate of protection. Munson, Marty; Gutfeld, Greg // Prevention;Jan94, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p10
Informs on nutrients that may lower the risk of stomach cancer. Study of 30,000 residents of Linxian, China, where stomach and esophageal cancer is 100 times more likely than in the United States, who were given vitamins and minerals; Study results; Antioxidant properties of the supplements;...
- Relationships between cancer pattern, country income and geographical region in Asia. Chirk Jenn Ng; Chin Hai Teo; Abdullah, Nurdiana; Wei Phin Tan; Hui Meng Tan // BMC Cancer;9/3/2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Cancer incidence and mortality varies across region, sex and country's economic status. While most studies focused on global trends, this study aimed to describe and analyse cancer incidence and mortality in Asia, focusing on cancer site, sex, region and income status. Methods:...
- Breast Cancer Biology and Ethnic Disparities in Breast Cancer Mortality in New Zealand: A Cohort Study. Seneviratne, Sanjeewa; Lawrenson, Ross; Scott, Nina; Kim, Boa; Shirley, Rachel; Campbell, Ian // PLoS ONE;Apr2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Introduction: Indigenous MÄori women have a 60% higher breast cancer mortality rate compared with European women in New Zealand. We investigated differences in cancer biological characteristics and their impact on breast cancer mortality disparity between MÄori and NZ European women....
- Ask EN. // Environmental Nutrition;May2009, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p7
The article presents questions and answers related to foods including a diet that helps relieve the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, the healthful benefits of sea salt and kosher salt, and the cause of white blush that is developed in baby carrots.
- Onions slice stomach cancer risk. // Modern Medicine;Mar96, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p31
Reports that increased consumption of onions can prevent stomach cancer according to findings from researchers in the Netherlands.
- Author's response: Helicobacter pylori eradication and gastric cancer prevention. Malfertheiner, Peter // Gut;Jun2013, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p950
A response from the author of the article related to the Helicobacter pylori eradication and gastric cancer prevention in the previous issue is presented.
- Diet quality and mortality: a population-based prospective study of men. Kaluza, J.; Håkansson, N.; Brzozowska, A.; Wolk, A. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Apr2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p451
Background/Objectives:To study quality of diet in relation to all-cause mortality, cardiovascular disease (CVD) and cancer mortality.Subjects/Methods:The population-based prospective Cohort of Swedish Men (COSM) included 40 837 men, 45â€“79 years of age, who filled in a FFQ (96 food items)...