- Carte Blanche. Cart, Michael // Booklist;12/15/98, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p742
Focuses on writing funny stories. Details on a conference about the art of writing funny; Description of the novels for teens; Research findings about the benefits of laughing.
- Dangerous Laughter. // Publishers Weekly;12/17/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 50, p33
The article reviews the book "Dangerous Laughter," by Steven Millhauser.
- LAUGHTER (Book Review). Marschall, Laurence A. // Sciences;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p44
Reviews the book 'Laughter,' by Robert R. Provine.
- Dimensions of Laughter in 'Crime and Punishment' Leatherbarrow, W.J. // Modern Language Review;Oct2001, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p1166
Reviews the book 'Dimensions of Laughter in 'Crime and Punishment,' by John Spiegel.
- Have you heard the oneâ€¦. Paul, Reid // Drug Topics;2/19/2007, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p31
The article reviews the book "Laughter: The Drug of Choice," by Nicholas Hoesl.
- The best medicine. // Current Health 1;Jan1990, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p17
Reports that laughter is healthy for the body and can reduce stress and help ease pain.
- Quick tips. Maberry, Barron // Public Management (00333611);Jan96, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the benefits of laughter and a positive spirit. Body benefits; Effect on the mind and emotions; Tips on how to give others the gift of laughter and a positive spirit.
- Vitamin L. Biasiotto, Judd // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p136
Opinion. Focuses on laughter as it is considered to be a good for the body and soul. Reference to a seminar featuring movie star Arnold Schwarzenegger; How to have fun in the gym.
- Titter ye not... Holmes, Bob // New Scientist;4/27/96 Supplement, Vol. 150 Issue 2027, p2
Reports on the causes of laughter. University of Maryland neurobiologist Robert Povine's research on laughter; Origin of laughter; Functions of laughter; Social role of laughter.