The right lines for creditors
- Insolvency. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Jan2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1313, p85
The Insolvency Act 2000, SI 2002/2711, Order 2002 brings into force on January 1, 2003, all the remaining provisions of the Insolvency Act 2000. SI 2002/2712, the Insolvency Rules 2002, comes into force on January 1, 2003. It makes a number of amendments to the provisions of Part 1 of the...
- Business Environment Risk Rating. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Aug2005, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the business environment rating in Latin America in 2005. Importance of the rating; Influence of a bankruptcy law on the rating.
- Bankruptcies Throughout Alaska. Roesler, Heidi Brague // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p79
Discusses bankruptcy trends in Alaska from March 2003 to March 2004. Increase in the total number of bankruptcies; Total number of bankruptcies filed in Anchorage; Number of businesses throughout Anchorage that filed for bankruptcy.
- EU Insolvency Regulation. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p49
Discusses the impact of European Union's (EU) insolvency legislation on companies in Ireland and Great Britain. Possibility that Irish companies operating across several countries be subjected to the insolvency law of another country although they are registered in Ireland; Requirements of the...
- Busting out all over. Prideaux, David; Walters, Graham // Money Marketing;4/29/2004, p46
Focuses on the changes brought by the Enterprise Act 2002 and the Amended Insolvency Rules on bankruptcy in Great Britain. Reduction of bankruptcy period; Availability of automatic rules on second bankruptcy; Possibility of property interest to revert back to a bankrupt.
- So far so good. Kite, Phillip // Lawyer;6/19/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p53
The article reports that insolvency practitioners are now starting to see the benefits of the British Virgin Islands' (BVI) Insolvency Act. The act was being tailored to the needs of the BVI as the world's largest offshore provider of companies. Before the enactment of the Insolvency Act, the...
- Receivers to the rescue. // Accountancy;Mar1994, Vol. 113 Issue 1207, p20
The article cites key survey findings indicating that larger companies had a higher chance of survival once insolvent in Great Britain. Key issues discussed in the article include the number of insolvencies in Great Britain during the first half of 1993, the main cause of business failures and...
- The risks are high for accountancy's international rescue teams. Thomas, Tony // BRW;02/02/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p80
Reports on the problems faced by insolvency practitioners working in troubled Asian countries, particularly Thailand. Business failures worsened by a shift in lending from manufacturing into runaway property speculation; Thai bankruptcy laws seen as obsolete; Efforts of the Financial...
- Bankruptcy in the Context of UAE Law No. (18) of 1993 Concerning Commercial Transactions. // Law Update;11/29/2015, p1
The article explores bankruptcy in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) under its Law No. 18 of 1993, which part five presents provisions dealing with bankruptcy procedure for traders who cease to pay their debts. Topics discussed include the definition of bankruptcy under UAE laws including...