Why are we playing the waiting game?
- Delivery is key to service. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;9/26/2003, Issue 5357, p3
Comments on the delivery services in the furniture industry in Great Britain. List of furniture companies with direct home delivery services; Difficulty in warehousing imported products; Benefits of home delivery for manufacturers.
- Passing the white glove test. Del Franco, Mark // Catalog Age;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p55
Focuses on premium service called white glove delivery that furniture catalogers offer to customers. Easing the process of ordering furniture by mail for customers; Delivery, unpacking, assembly and dunnage removal; Extra fees charged by catalogers for white glove delivery.
- Money talks but whose? Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;6/9/2006, Issue 5491, p12
The article focuses on the issue of sales satisfaction to customers as means of making profit by furniture retailers in Great Britain. The author inferred that retailers, having poor service, could frustrate a customer which could also lead to huge loss in profit. Thus, he said, it is necessary...
- MFI pushes for further growth and sales. // Cabinet Maker;8/01/2003, Issue 5349, p3
Details the strategic planning MFI Furniture Group in Great Britain. Increase of retail sales; Emphasis on customer service; Improvement of the accuracy of the deliveries.
- Driver shortage presents a growing challenge. // Furniture/Today;11/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses the truck driver shortage and the challenges being faced by the furniture industry. According to Josh Brown, founder and CEO of American West Worlwide Express, attracting and keeping good drivers plays an important role in retaining customers. The importance of increasing...
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2002, Issue 5294, p4
Answers questions on customer services in the furniture industry. Discussion on customer satisfaction concerning repair; Advice on whether a customer is entitled to a refund for delayed delivery of goods.
- Furniture joins the takeaway age. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/31/2006, Issue 5481, p9
The article comments on changing consumer behavior relevant to the delivery of goods within the furniture industry in Great Britain. The results of the Consumer Focus research reveal that some 43 percent of shoppers expect to wait less than fourteen days for their sofa and chair and only ten...
- I have a dream (actually 5 dreams) for our industry. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;3/13/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p47
The author discusses his dreams for the furniture industry in the U.S. First, he cited that he love to have a spokesperson in the industry who will accurately and consistently communicate the trends in the sector. Another is that he would like to have the industry honored for new technologies...
- Same-day delivery pays off. // Furniture/Today;3/22/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p62
Reports that same-day delivery service is delivery benefits to retailer Mealey's Furniture in the United States.