Retailers beware the checkout challenge
- Sainsbury's set to boost nonfood in-house design capability. // Design Week;3/6/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that Sainsbury PLC is planning to appoint dozens of product, branding, and packaging designers to expand its non-food range in Great Britain. According to company spokeswoman, about 150 new staff-buyers, technologists, merchandisers, and planners, as well as designers will be...
- Designers fresh in at Sainsbury's. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p5
Reports on the exclusive agreement signed by Sainsbury with three leading designers in Great Britain to expand its core home furnishing range.
- Cost Plus to Focus on Home. Sanfilippo, Michele // Home Textiles Today;5/30/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p2
This article reports that Cost Plus Inc. is focusing on higher margin items and is reaping some success in areas such as bedding, pillows, floor coverings, collectibles and candles. The company also plans to open 30 stores in the year 2005 and close five in existing markets. Cost Plus is trying...
- Sainsbury: ramping up expansion. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jun2007, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p59
The article reports on the finalization of the plan of Sainsbury PLC to expand 4 million square foot of new space in Great Britain. The plan will be in the form of new stores, mezzanine levels and extensions. It is also stated that the company is under pressure to achieve strong sales and profit...
- Food for thought. O'Reilly, Noel // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p31
Features Sainsbury, a retail store in Great Britain. Methods applied in recruiting employees; Training and developments offered to its staffs; Emphasis of the structure of human resources department. INSET: SAINSBURY'S FACTFILE.
- Sainsbury's joins the take-away market with first Fresh Kitchen. GERRARD, NEIL // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/21/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4661, p6
The article reports on the opening of a dedicated store, called Fresh Kitchen, for food on the go by supermarket chain J. Sainsbury PLC on Fleet Street in London, England.
- NestlÃ© cars out to Munch at Sainsbury's. // In-Store;Jun2003, p7
Reports that Nestle Corp. has branded in-store kiddy cars in Sainsbury PLC's stores with characters from the cartoon show 'Munch Bunch.'
- Sainsbury's builds on Market format. // In-Store;Oct2003, p6
Reports on the opening of the second market-type store of Sainsbury. In-store initiatives.
- Does Sainsbury's new store herald a revival? Murphy, Claire // Marketing (00253650);8/31/2000, p11
Reports on Sainsbury's launching of a luxury store format in England. Reputation of the company; Evaluation of the store; Location of the outlet; Sainbury's marketing strategy. INSET: TREATMENT..