Roadworks slow trade
- Roads are killing business. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2004, Issue 5412, p4
Reports on furniture retailer MS Dhillon & Sons' closure of its King Street, Dudley store due to road alterations that are blamed for a decline in sales. Number of people who have died due to accidents in the area; Inability of growth of business at the Philip Henry Furniture which is also...
- Means to Ends. Donahey, Rex C. // Concrete International;Nov2014, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p5
In this article, the author discusses the issues tackled in articles published within the journal, including the repair of potholes and service trenches in the roads in Jamaica.
- Repair of CDA roads on cards. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/26/2013, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Cuttack municipal corporation in Odisha, India to carry out repairs on the pothole roads at the Cuttack Development Authority (CDA) satellite township in 2013.
- Sending Edmonton a message. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/22/93, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p25
Discusses the dangerous stretch of Highway 43 from Onoway to Valleyview in Canada, the efforts of Merv Zadderey to warn motorists of the danger. Erecting a sign warning motorists and placing a badly damaged automobile at the base of the sign; Transportation Minister Peter Trynchy's announcement...
- Coming soon: The private highway. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p18
Cites a poll commissioned by the Canadian Construction Association which found 52 percent of the 1,500 respondents favored user fees for some highways and bridges, while only 19 percent favored increased gas taxes. Two approaches to toll roads; Little money generated by gasoline taxes dedicated...
- A tollway megaproject that may be too costly. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p12
Opinion. Comments on the proposed extension of Interstate 355 in Chicago, Illinois. Criticism against the project by anti-growth suburbanites; Inner-city development advocates' argument that more tollways will drain more businesses and jobs out of Chicago; Need for a review of the project to...
- But for `rented' roads, snakes, 4,000 cactuses...a normal job. Schriener, Judy // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/10/96, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p24
No abstract available.
- Agencies' growth `shocking.' Hartgen, David T. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/31/98, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p87
Provides information on the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21) of 1998. Provisions of the law; Report from the Center for Interdisciplinary Transportation Studies on the performance of the state highway systems; Trend in administrative expenditures and maintenance shares...
- Highway improvements expected to decrease accidents, uproot businesses. Hayden, Gina // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/08/97, Issue 322196, p16
Reports that highway improvements in Visalia, California are expected to decrease traffic accidents and uproot businesses. Plans of the California transportation agency; Complaint of John Taylor, a partner in the Taylor Machinery Inc., over the plans.