- See it, feel it, touch it. // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p18
Discusses the need for salespeople to fully understand the product's characteristics in order to properly communicate the qualities of leather to shoppers. Importance of training salespeople the different tactile qualities of leather.
- Retail staffs get Maitland-Smith product training. // Furniture/Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p24
Reports on the product training given at Maitland-Smith's showroom in High Point, North Carolina to sales associates and design consultants of retailers Furnitureland South and Rose Furniture. Training given by Howard Shattuck, curator at Maitland-Smith.
- Braden's extends reach with new Lifestyles format. Barnes, Marc // Furniture/Today;7/31/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p14
The article reports on the opening of the furniture store Braden's Lifestyles in a shopping center in West Knoxville, Tennessee by Braden's Fine Furniture and Interiors. The store features a contemporary middle-market lineup of vendors including Rowe, Precedent, Natuzzi and Calligaris. Store...
- Letters to the editor. DeFehr, Art; Hollingsworth, Terry // Furniture/Today;9/17/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p58
Two letters to the editor are presented on issues related to the furniture industry including one on the need of a code of conduct for the furniture industry and another on sales training for retail sales associates.
- Retailers say training's key for credit program. MCLOUGHLIN, BILL // Furniture/Today;4/6/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p58
The article focuses on the journal's Finance Workshop held at the Hilton Charlotte Executive Park in North Carolina on March 25-26, 2015. Topics discussed include importance of training for consumer financing success for furniture stores, training salespeople to ensure their confidence, and high...
- Sofa vendors partner with stores to improve consumer education. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;7/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p12
Focuses on the efforts of Century Furniture to educate its sales personnel to improve consumer awareness and services in the U.S. Importance of familiarity with the inside of the upholstery; Uses of point-of-sale information and Web sites; Simplification of pricing structures.
- Casual retailers, sources ramp up marketing, training to stir business. Ingram, Clinde W. // Furniture/Today;3/30/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p14
The article reports that casual furniture industry retailers and manufacturers are strengthening their marketing strategies and conducting trainings and seminars to stir the industry. Palm Springs Rattan & Garden Classics manager Tami Newton notes the importance of innovative approaches to the...
- Four Steps to a Better 2009. Malone, Tim // JCK;Mar2009, Vol. 180 Issue 3, p62
The article discusses ways to make the most of sales and enhance business performances. It mentions reassigning sales staffers' hours to generate the best sales performance. Another way is to have professional help to retrain staff on how to ask for referrals. Lastly, it states that unsalable...
- Punch line. // IIE Solutions;Sep99, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p66
Presents news briefs related to business and professions as of September 1999. Result of a study by Theresa Welbourne, a professor at Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations, regarding the stocks of companies that went public; Information on a one-day class offered by...