Furniture sales feel the heat
- Merger puts Sleepmasters at top of bed retailer tree. Anghelides, Bernard // Cabinet Maker;07/10/98, Issue 5096, p3
Reports that bed retailer Sleepmasters of Great Britain has merged with Bedland. Total stores of the merged companies; Remarks from Philip Cort, Sleepmasters' chairman and managing director; Estimated value of turnover by March 1999; Sleepmasters' expansion plans.
- Simmons leaves after Brock takes residence. // Cabinet Maker;2/13/2004, Issue 5375, p3
Reports on the departure of Homestyle group managing director Carolyn Simmons several days after the arrival of David Brock as executive chairman of the British furniture store chain. Impact of poor results posted by Harveys in 2003; Compensation for Simmons; Brock's review of all elements of...
- Homestyle still looking at reducing its debts. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p3
Reports on the efforts of Homestyle Group PLC to look for ways of reducing its debts. Doubts of stockholders on the Group's capability to reduce its debts; Rights issue which is increasingly seen as an opportunity to buy the Group at a fraction of its value; Allegation that a rights issue would...
- Retail gloom as all shares tumble. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p6
Focuses on the stock performance of companies from the furniture industry. Decline in the prices of the shares of Homestyle Group PLC; Percentage of the loss suffered by Nobia; Reason for the fall of the value of the stocks of Kingfisher PLC.
- Family ties. // Cabinet Maker;8/24/2007, Issue 5552, p27
The article discusses the competitive advantage and marketing strategies of Bensons Beds, The Bed Shed and Sleepmasters. It has been mentioned that these furniture companies have a management consultant that brings an effective marketing structure to ensure differentiation. However, the stores...
- Correction. // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006, Issue 5488, p5
A correction to a statement related to the company Sleepmasters that was published in the May 12, 2006 issue is presented.
- Out of the comfort zone. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);10/6/2010, p26
The article presents an analysis on the future of furniture retailing in Great Britain. In 2008 and 2009, furniture sales fell which resulted into collapses such as Land of Leather Ltd. and The Pier. Mintel forecasts that the furniture market will grow by 0.8% in 2010 and it will be worth almost...
- Share Update on 13 April. // Cabinet Maker;4/16/2004, Issue 5384, p6
Presents a chart depicting the market share of various furniture companies in Great Britain. Comparison of sales between the year 2003 and 2004; Lists of suppliers; Analysis on the revenue growth of DFS Furniture Co. PLC.
- Italian case goods mfrs. focus on style to fight challenges. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;8/2/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the challenges faced by Italian case goods manufacturers in North America. Decline in the market share of manufacturers; Market strategy of some producers to increase sales; Increase in the sales of Calligaris.