JLP finds the going tough in London
- JLP sales comeback. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2004, Issue 5371, p4
Reports on the sales performance of the furniture business of retailer John Lewis Partnership PLC in Great Britain. Performance of the out of town branches of the company; Decline in the sales of its textiles and furniture after Christmas; Sales growth of its stores.
- John Lewis' pre-tax profits fall. Parsons, Russell // Marketing Week;9/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p37
The article reports that John Lewis Partnership PLC has reported a 26.6% drop in pre-tax profit amid difficult trading conditions. The retailer, which also owns Waitrose, has seen profits fall by 38.8m pound to 107.3m pound over the six months to July 26, 2009. Operating profit at the John Lewis...
- Profits warning at John Lewis of Hungerford. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p6
Reports on the profits warning issued by kitchen retailer and manufacturer John Lewis of Hungerford after a disappointing financial result in the first half of 2004.
- NEWS. // In-Store;Oct2007, p17
This section offers news briefs concerning retail trade in Great Britain. Group sales at the John Lewis Partnership have increased by 6.7 percent for the six months to July 28, 2007. Chocolate group Thorntons posted a 5.3 percent increase in revenue for the 53 weeks to June 30, 2007. Next Retail...
- Furniture sales lead John Lewis growth. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;6/2/2006, Issue 5490, p5
The article reports on the increase in furniture sales at British retailer John Lewis as of April 30, 2006. An increase in the sales of non-food products was also posted for the period as well as in the casual dining and home office categories. According to Verdict retail analyst Nick Gladding,...
- Sew far so good for JLP results. // In-Store Marketing;Oct2001, p49
Reports on the increase in the profit posted by John Lewis Partnership in August 2001. Factors which contributed to the increase in profits.
- JLP's got linen sales covered. // Cabinet Maker;06/28/2002, Issue 5293, p3
Highlights the sales growth posted by the bed and linen coverings of John Lewis in the six months ended June 8, 2002. Comments from Jane Gethins, department store head.
- JLP profits decline. // Cabinet Maker;9/20/2002, Issue 5305, p2
Reports on the financial performance of British department and supermarket group John Lewis Partnership in the six months ending July 27, 2002.
- Good week at Home I for John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2010, Issue 5692, p8
The article reports on the sales increase achieved by furniture company John Lewis Partnership PLC with the percentage of 17.7 in Great Britain as of June 5, 2010.