Delivery problems for Next Directory profits
- Home stores key to Next's record profits. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2011, Issue 5731, p9
The article focuses on the important role of the new stand alone Home stores in Next Retail Ltd. achieving record profits in 2010 in Great Britain.
- Catalogue is Next star. // Cabinet Maker;9/22/2006, Issue 5506, p6
The article reports that Next Retail increased profits by 5.8 percent for the first six months of 2006 compared with the previous year. Growth in the catalog division was more robust than the retail arm with sales 15.3 percent ahead of the previous year. The company said the Internet has become...
- WHITHER NEXT? // In-Store;Feb2007, p17
The article focuses on the decision of Simon Wolfson, chief executive of clothing retailer Next, to change the design of its stores to improve sales. He appointed design consultancy Dalziel & Pow to create a radical look for the stores. He focused his efforts to revitalise Next through careful...
- Painful times for the Next generation. Jack, Louise // Marketing Week;11/27/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p10
The article offers information on retailer Next Group PLC's success against a backdrop of falling market share and a gloomy retail environment. It is said that Next has decided not to run its traditional Christmas television campaign, a move which is in sharp contrast to the retailer's strategy...
- TV: the next sales channel? Osiow, Danusia // Cabinet Maker;4/21/2006, Issue 5484, p10
The article focuses on the use of television as a sales channel by major furniture retailers in Great Britain. Next Group PLC became the first retailer to venture into television shopping. The move was influenced by results of a research which found that television advertising has grown by 18...
- Club Not Taxed on Membership Fee. // Practical Accountant;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the taxation of an initial membership fee paid by a private golf club member in the U.S. Obligation of the club to refund the membership fee to a continuing member after a certain period of time; Inclusion of the fee in the income of the club.
- A refreshing approach to mortgages. Mounty, Peter // Mortgage Strategy;10/16/2006, p43
The author reflects on the exit fees implemented by lenders to mortgage. According to the author, he does not object to charges but they must be proportionate to the work or service they are levied on. He said that lenders are increasingly intent on wringing out the last drop of revenue even as...
- A new direction. Ionides, Nicholas // Airline Business;Dec2003, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p60
Provides information on the Nakita Airport Authority (NAA) in Tokyo, Japan. Discussion on the airport's high user charges; Operating profit of the airport; Details of the NAA's privatization plan; Concerns raised by airline companies on the planned privatization.
- State St. 3Q Gain Raises An Eyebrow on Wall Street . Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;10/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 198, p4
Reports on the earning profits for Boston, Massachusetts-based State Street Corp., a specialist in fees processing and asset management company in the third quarter of 2002. Percentage rise in company's profits; Analyst's notings of State Street's reliance on securities gains; Rise in State...