- Waste not, want not. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p6
Comments on the over-investment of infrastructures within the telecommunication industry. Overcapacity of infrastructures; Determination of market parameters; Difficulty to select logistic enterprises for marketing operations.
- We Must Act to Avoid Telecom Trade War. Thierer, Adam D. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p20
Focuses on telecommunication trade and investments issues in the United States. Amendment in an appropriations bill; Setback for the cause of free trade and global telecommunication; Trade conflict between the United States and the European Union.
- Wireless investments down 59 percent. // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the decline in the investments received by the wireless communication sector in the first quarter of 2002. Wireless vendors that received the largest investments in the sector last quarter; List of venture-capital investments during the first quarter of 2002.
- Sun shines on North Korea Telecoms. Janson, Stephen // Telecom Asia;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p12
Reports the condition of the telecommunication industry in North Korea. Increase in telecommunication investment and collaboration; Utilization of the Russian satellite connections and Intelsat for international direct dialing; Problems on the lack of capability to register and generate bills...
- Consumer-driven strategy. Waring, Joseph // Telecom Asia;Nov2007 Global Telecom Supplement, Vol. 18, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the converged investment strategies and drivers behind next generation networks and services and a roundtable discussion with telecommunication veterans.
- In telecom's uncertain future, Wall Street is sure to profit. Monroe, Ann // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/08/97, Vol. 63 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the benefits of the growth of the telecommunication industry on the investment sector in the United States. Top ten mergers and acquisitions; Predictions of Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. co-head Tom Casey concerning additional vertically integrates telecom operators in the country;...
- Reality Check for Telecom. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/09/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on the uncertain investment climate in the telecommunication industry in the year 2000 according to market analysts. Telecommunication firms which reported lower earnings in 1999; Market factors which prompted more conservative investment approaches according to analysts.
- Telecom Seeks New Services, Investors. // High Yield Report;10/19/98, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p3
Focuses on the increased need for services and investors by the telecommunications industry. Investors' focus on the business plans of companies; Emergence of integrated communication services.
- Re-sellers to face tough year in 1999. // High Yield Report;12/07/98, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the prospects for the competitive local exchange carrier industry for 1999. Operating problems experienced by telecommunication firms in the industry; Spreads in the sector's outstanding debt; Investments in the industry.