- New York's largest real estate investment trusts. // Crain's New York Business;2000 Book of Lists, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p60
Ranks largest real estate investment trusts in New York State. Includes Vornado Realty Trust; Reckson Associates Realty Corp.; Mack-Cali Realty Corp.; Brookfield Properties Corp.
- A rosy picture for real estate. Giliberto, S. Michael // Mortgage Banking;Jul94, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the state of real estate investments in the United States. 1993 performance of commercial real estate groups; 1994 forecasts; Growth of real estate investment trusts (REIT); Regional reports; Economic developments.
- FOCUS ON REITs. Panovka, Robin // Real Estate Issues;Summer2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the privatization of real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the United States. Market valuation of REIT; Guidelines for evaluating a private transaction involving REIT.
- The problem with property. MACALISTER, PHILIP // New Zealand Management;Sep98, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p68
Examines several issues on real property investments in New Zealand. Decision to list or not list properties on the stock exchange; Argument for listed property trusts to be called a separate asset class; Liquidity issues; Valuation of properties; Classification of listed properties as equity...
- Apartments still investment darling as REIT buying frenzy continues. Adler, Jane // National Real Estate Investor;Jun94, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p54
Focuses on the high demand for real estate investment trusts (REITs) in United States. Increase in household formations; High demand for real estate with high-yield return; Competition between REITs in large growth-oriented markets; Availability of financing for new developments and...
- REIT's-Equity Returns In A Fish Bowl. Faulkner, Phillip G. // Appraisal Journal;Oct70, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p485
Examines the role of real estate investment trusts in determining the availability and price of investment in real estate. Annual equity dividend or cash flow after debt service; Estimation of sales proceeds at future date; Income tax benefits.
- REAL ESTATE: A SMART ALTERNATIVE TO STOCKS. KUHN, SUSAN E. // Fortune;5/27/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p186
Asserts that smart investors are turning to real estate both for gains and portfolio protection. High yields, steady returns and the financial safety net of real estate; Ways to invest in real estate; Information about real estate investment trusts (REIT); Hotels that REIT managers are keen on...
- A Ripe Time for REITs. Tweddell, Jerry // Financial Planning;Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p41
Examines the status of real estate investment trusts (REIT). Recovery of REIT in 2000; Gains of the REIT fund assets; Skepticism over REIT.
- REIT Style and Performance. Liang, Youguo // Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management;1998, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p69
Investigates the style and performance of real estate investment trusts (REIT) between March 1984 and December 1997. Returns of various financial markets to reflect the performance of all REIT: Stability of investment style attributes of all REIT.
- Land Ho! Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Aug2000, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p45
Provides information on the condition of real estate investments in the United States in 2000. Comments from several investment advisers; Factors that may contribute to the strong performance of the industry; Reasons that caused the decline of real estate investments in 1998 and 1999;...