- Overseas opportunities abound, but challenges await, too. Pollack, Bruce // Managed Healthcare Executive;Apr2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p22
Examines the challenges in overseas investments in medical care. Currency risk; Transparency; Regulatory uncertainty; Language; Cultural issues.
- Using an affordability analysis to budget capital expenditures. Singhvi, Suren // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun96, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p70
Focuses on the importance of financial resource analysis to help healthcare organizations evaluate the feasibility of a capital expenditure. Expansion or renovation of facilities; Difficulty of gauging how much of the resources can afford to commit to capital projects; Presentation of an...
- Emergence medicine. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;03/26/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p48
Announces the plans of Emerging Europe Healthcare Fund to invest in countries in Europe with significant prospects for growth in private-sector healthcare. Description of the target countries; Membership of the target countries to the European Union; Details of the fund's strategy; Significant...
- Venturing in. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;05/25/98, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p77
Reports on the venture capital investments of healthcare companies in the United States. Total amount of investments received by healthcare companies; Types of healthcare service sector that received the big share in investments.
- Healthcare. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/09/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 39, p68
Presents statistics of investment deals for health care companies for the week of October 9, 2000. Underwriting volume; Amount of underwriting fees; Equity deals.
- Investments in Health Care Increase. // Bond Buyer;Jun2000 Supplement Health Care, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p6a
Reports on the rise in investments to the United States healthcare industry in 1999. Comparison of corporate loans to healthcare during the first half of 1999 with that of the same period in 1998; Percentage rise in venture capital awarded to healthcare companies from the first half to the...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Healthcare. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/21/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p22
Presents charts and graft depicting investment banking in healthcare. Global healthcare underwriting volume as of January 11, 2002; Global volume by product; Global underwriting fees as of January 11, 2002.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Healthcare. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/4/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p22
Reports global investment banking on healthcare. Volume of healthcare underwriting; Merger and acquisition deals; Equity deals.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Healthcare. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/25/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p22
Presents charts depicting global business investments of healthcare services of March 2002. Investment volume by product; Equity deals; Debt deals.