VCs Shunned; Investors Want Buyouts
- Billions flowing to European funds. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;9/5/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the inflow of investments into leading European development capital funds in 1993. Institutions from the United States; Attraction of venture capital-type returns of 15% to 30%; Growth of development capital funds and dealmaking; Attractiveness of pension funds.
- Life sciences initiative seeks seed capital. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p21A
Reports on the establishment of Indiana's Future Fund, a venture capital fund for the state's biotechnology companies. Goals institutional investors can achieve by participating in the fund; Benefits to and transformation of the state economy; Role of the Central Indiana Life Sciences Initiative.
- Fund raising a 'not-so-fun' necessity for VC managers. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22A
Reports on the fund-raising difficulties of venture capitalists. Effects of economic conditions; Sources of capital; Need to demonstrate venture capital funds' fitness with institutional investors' diversification strategies.
- No slowdown in software investing. Garretson, Cara // Network World;8/8/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p25
This article focuses on the economic performance of software investing in terms of venture capital as of the second quarter of 2005 in the U.S. The survey conducted by the National Venture Capital Association suggested that software programs for business or consumer use gained the most...
- VENTURE CAPITAL FIRMS. // San Diego Business Journal;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p19
The article presents information about financial profiles of various venture capital firms, based in San Diego County, California. Sources of capital for Enterprise Partners Venture Capital are institutional and individual investors while local executives are William Strensrud, Andrew Senyei,...
- Octopus moves to maintain qualifying status for Titan VCTs. Akhtar, Tanzeel // Money Marketing (Online Edition);6/24/2013, p3
The article reports that Octopus Investments Ltd. has moved to maintain venture capital trust (VCT) qualifying status of its existing Octopus Titan funds by launching a new venture capital fund. It notes that three of Octopus Titan VCTs will sell their holdings in portfolio companies such as...
- Venture cap's social-media outlook:. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;5/2/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on doubts regarding the fallout of an increasing number of venture capital firms doing social media deals. According to industry insiders, it is still doubtful if the valuations for these companies will remain high or be a part of another Internet bubble burst. Dave Broadwin,...
- Cleantech: Next Big Thing for Institutional Investors. Braunschweig, Carolina // Investment Management Weekly;4/3/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p4
Focuses on the advantages of investing in clean technologies (cleantech), a category that includes technology with applications in the agricultural, manufacturing and water industries, to institutional investors. Implications of the increase in venture capital investments in cleantech in 2005;...
- Investment from venture capital falls. // Electronics Weekly;6/23/2004, Issue 2152, p1
Venture capital (VC) funding dropped in Europe last year, with most investment through management buy-outs or buy-ins, claims a report by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. New funds raised in 2003 for technology sector VC activity, including early stage and expansion investments, fell by 40 per cent...