Healthcare Companies Join Dividend Bandwagon
- Quest cut nearly 50 local jobs. Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p5A
Reports that Quest Diagnostics Inc. will eliminate about 50 of 115 local jobs as a part of nationwide restructuring. Offering of severance package to employees; Reduction of employees in Quest laboratories in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Quest unveils 'Lab of the Future' ... in Massachusetts. JOHNSON, BRETT // njbiz;10/6/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p8
The article features the laboratory of Quest Diagnostics located in Marlborough, Massachusetts which is expected to be fully operational by the second quarter of 2015.
- Manor Care to split lodging, healthcare units. Shriver, Kelly // Modern Healthcare;3/25/96, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p14
Reports on Manor Care's announcement that it will separate its lodging business from its healthcare business. Use of a tax-free spinoff to effect the separation.
- Manor Care strives for national name. Snow, Charlotte // Modern Healthcare;9/9/96, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p24
Reports that Manor Care has consolidated its facilities under the same name. Brand names previously employed by the company; National advertising campaign to make the hospital company synonymous with quality healthcare; Relations between demographic changes and brand recognition.
- Health-care cuts won't make this nursing-home outfit sick. Wang, Penelope // Money;Aug1995, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p50
Features the nursing-home operator Manor Care Inc. Number of nursing homes and health-care facilities in the United States; Average annual rate from 1990 to 1995; Increased earnings.
- Manor Care prepares for offering, spins off lodging business. Gibbs, Melanie F. // National Real Estate Investor;May96, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p12
Announces that Manor Care Incorporated has filed for an initial public offering. Proposal of separation of health and lodging businesses; Expected time transaction should take; Who will be the group's president and chief operational officer (COO).
- Manor Care adds 50th hotel. // Hotel & Motel Management;7/24/95, Vol. 210 Issue 13, p73
Reports on the opening of the 50th branch of Manor Care Hotels (MCH) in San Antonio, Texas. Construction activities of MCH in the past six months; Experimentation in the heating of food brought in instead of cooking from scratch at the hotel.
- Manor Care Hotels focusing on new concepts. Koss-Feder, Laura // Hotel & Motel Management;1/9/95, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the hotel division of Manor Care Inc.'s experiments on new operating concepts in lodging and food-and-beverage service. Mini foods courts; Alternative types of catering; Food for banquets; Future of banquet business.
- Manor Care Inc. spins off Choice; no sale planned. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/18/96, Vol. 211 Issue 5, p1
Reports that Manor Care Inc. will spin off its lodging business, Choice Hotels International and Manor Care Hotels, from its core health-care business.