Picking Enron's Bones clean
- We need to put 401(k) diversification on the agenda. Cassidy, Dan // Employee Benefit News;4/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p43
Reports on the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. in the U.S. Effects of the bankruptcy on the company's employees; Recommendations to prevent bankruptcy in the future; Details on the modern portfolio management theory.
- Sarbanes: Look Into Enron-Like Practices . Heller, Michele // American Banker;1/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p7
Reports the request by United States Senate Banking Committee Chairman Paul Sarbanes to the General Accounting Office concerning the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. Investigation on the adequacy of financial reporting of the firm; Investment of employee pension funds in company stocks; Resistance of...
- Auditors' E&O costs add up. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p3
Reports the effect of the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. to the E&O markets in the U.S. Contribution of Arthur Andersen L.L.P. to the collapse of Enron Corp.; Impact of the bankruptcy of Enron to the E&O programs; Liability of auditors for rate increase in insurance.
- Enron crash singes investment funds. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p3
Reports the bankruptcy of energy trade Enron Corp. in Chicago, Illinois. Decline of stocks; Diversification of funds; Response of the stockholders.
- Local firms grab biz. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Examines the impact of bankruptcy of Enron on firms specializing in energy markets. Amount of market share for competitors to scoop up; Involvement of Enron on trades in gas and power; Closure of EnronOnline, an electronic brokerage system.
- ENRON AND ANDERSEN: AUDITORS UNDER THE MICROSCOPE. Grace, H. Stephen // CPA Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p8
Introduces a series of articles on the bankruptcy of the company Enron in the United States.
- NO TIME FOR SPECULATING. Sack, Robert J. // CPA Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p10
Comments on the bankruptcy case of the company Enron. Views on the investigation of the case; Effects of the case on the need for regulation of markets.
- Enron Continues. // Practical Accountant;Mar2002, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p6
Reports the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. in the United States. Implications of accounting practices for investors; Opposition to the limited work of auditors; Formation of a special task force of prosecutors to investigate the bankruptcy.
- Fallout Worries. // Practical Accountant;Mar2002, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p8
Reports the impact of Enron Corp. bankruptcy on the accounting profession in the United States. Blame on auditor Arthur Andersen; Examination of the entire accounting regulatory system; Self-dissolution of the Public Oversight Board.