Biotech's IPO Revival on Hold?
- Surviving another slump. // Nature Biotechnology;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p391
Reports on the financial performance of biotechnology initial public offerings (IPOs) despite of economic slowdown in the U.S. during the year 2000. Total amount raised through IPOs in the duration; Reason behind the performance of biotechnology sector; Number of biotechnology medicines...
- Biotech: Coming Back to Life. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/13/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 39, p32
Discusses the initial public offerings (IPO) for biotechnology companies in the U.S. Launch of IPO for companies in cardiovascular drug development; Willingness of biotech investors; Strategic marketing licensing agreements of drug makers.
- Money Raised By Biotech In 2013 vs. 2012. // BioWorld Insight;7/8/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p1
A bar diagram is presented which offers information on money raised by public and private biotechnology companies and other public offerings in 2012 and 2013.
- Shutters come off IPO window. Hodgson, John // Nature Biotechnology;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p6
Reports on news and developments concerning the initial public offerings (IPO) of biotechnology companies in 2001. IPO filings of NeoGenesis Pharmaceuticals, Biodelivery Science and Bioavail; Withdrawn or postponed IPOs by cancer drug developers; Companies with plans to file IPOs.
- Evolving paradigms in biotech IPO valuations. Papadopoulos, Stelios // Nature Biotechnology;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 19 Issue 6, pBE18
Focuses on evolving paradigms in biotechnology initial public offering (IPO) valuations. Overview of the entry of biotechnology into the capital market; Analysis of forces and circumstances that changed valuation metrics; Prospects of biotechnology IPO.
- IPOs: is the party really over? // Nature Biotechnology;May99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p405
Focuses on initial public offerings in biotechnology industry. Decline in funding for biotechnology sector; Percentage of the U.S. biotechnology sector that has a market capitalization of less than $200 million; Percentage decrease in the profitable companies.
- The bubble bursts. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;07/04/98, Vol. 159 Issue 2141, p20
Looks at the pressure put on biotechnology firms when they offer their shares to the public. Firing of executives in British biotech companies; Fall in biotech share prices in the United States and Great Britain; Difficulty fulfilling promises to investors; Scrutiny that public companies are...
- Initial public offerings, 2nd quarter 1999. // Nature Biotechnology;Aug99, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p736
Presents a graphical representation of initial public offerings of various biotechnology companies for the 2nd quarter of 1999.
- Initial public offerings, 3rd quarter 1999. // Nature Biotechnology;Nov99, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1048
Presents information related to third quarter initial public offerings (IPO) for the year 1999 in biotechnology industries in the United States. Details of values associated with IPO.