PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Goehring to Join Harvard Biz School Press. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the appointment of former publisher of Perseus Publishing David Goehring at Harvard Business School Press as vice president and director. Career of Goehring in the publishing industry; Qualification for the position; Authors that have collaborated with Goehring.
- Of Aging AND Ailments; Boomers AND Bodyfat; Calories AND Carbs. Maryles, Daisy; Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;11/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 48, p30
Interviews several publishing executives on health topics. Diana Baroni, senior editor of Warner Books; David Goehring, publisher of Perseus Publishing; Rozanne Gold, author; Rosemary Jones, owner of Healing Pages. INSET: To Their Health!.
- Dinas Joins Alpha Books. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the selection of Paul Dinas as editor of Penguin's Alpha Books imprint in the U.S. Duties of Dinas; Positions held by Dinas.
- Banner Year for HBS Press. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 41, p14
Explores issues concerning Harvard Business School (HBS) Press. Percentage increase in the sales of the company for fiscal year ended June 30, 2004; Information on the branded merchandising initiative of the company; Actions taken by HBS Press to further its cross-platform merchandising.
- Three Join Reader's Digest. // Publishers Weekly;9/3/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 36, p18
Reports the appointment of several executives at Reader's Digest. Naming of Charlotte Maywald as national sales manager for mass markets of the Children's publishing division; Appointment of Ashley Bell as national sales manager for special markets; Selection of Paul Dinas as executive director...
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p7
The article presents developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. as of February 2004. Multnomah Publishers cut 15 staff positions last month, its second round of layoffs since 2003. Like many Christian book publishers, Multnomah intends to release fewer titles. Harvard...
- Harvard Business School Press To Publish In Chinese. // Book Publishing Report;6/28/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the exclusive partnership between Harvard Business School Press and the Commercial Press Inc. to publish HBS Press books in Chinese. Translation of the 150 HBS Press titles in Chinese; Establishment of a special advisory board of Chinese-English experts in management and business;...
- HBS Press, Gartner in Copublishing Deal. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the co-publishing deal between Harvard Business School Press and Gartner Inc. to produce a series of co-branded professional books focused on business and technology. Goal of the professional series called the Gartner Growth Agenda; Terms of the agreement.
- The best business school. Grindlay, Andrew // Business Quarterly;Spring92, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p32
Advises employers on how to determine which is the best business school in the United States. Visiting the school; Talking with alumni; Reactions to published literature ranking business schools.