- Time Inc. and Encyclopaedia Britannica announce online partnership. // Online;Sep95, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p49
Reports that as a result of a Time Warner and Encyclopaedia Britannica (EB) alliance, Britannica Online, an electronic information service of EB will be available free for a 60-day trial basis on Time Warner's Pathfinder home page on the World Wide Web. Plans to link related articles in Times...
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;4/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p6
Reports on news and developments concerning the book publishing industry in the United States. "Editor & Bookseller Buzz Forum" at the BookExpo America conference; Earful of Books' plan to acquire an audiobook distributor to increase its annual revenues; Agreement between "Compton's...
- Britannica Signs Trade Distributer. // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 34, p12
Reports on the product distribution agreement between Encyclopaedia Britannica and Continental Sales Inc. Role of Continental in the representation of Britannica's trade titles; Introduction of one-volume titles for the trade market.
- From A to Zygote. // Time;1/15/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p44
The article provides information on the "Encyclopaedia Britannica" (EB), which is celebrating its 50th anniversary under U.S. ownership in 1951. Among the notable owners of EB were the Shah of Persia in 1804, King George III and George Washington. Editor Walter Yust of Chicago, Illinois notes...
- iPublish inks digital deal. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;07/20/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 32, p2
Reports on a deal inked by iPublish, Time Warner Trade Publishing's electronic-publishing division, to make digital fulfillment services Lightning Source and Reciprocal its providers of electronic-books. Improvement in print-on-demand technology; Lightning Source's dominance of the market.
- Contracts & Agreements... // Educational Marketer;06/18/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the agreement signed by customized course book publisher Open Mind and educational digital product maker Britannica.com Inc. in 2001.
- This week. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;03/26/99, Issue 478, p93
Presents information on the British Invasion, the Website of Encyclopedia Britannica Inc. Topics covered in the site; Features of the site.
- BIG Encyclopedia. // Adweek Western Edition;10/20/97, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p59
Reports on the launching of a web site called the Britannica Internet Guide by Encyclopedia Britannica. Address of the web site; What the site uses for Web navigation;
- Not for the ordinary Jo. // American Libraries;May94, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p446
Comments on Britannica Instant Research Service (BIRS). Quote from Joseph Esposito, president of Encyclopedia Britannica, North America, who says that the services are not designed for the ordinary user.