At sixes and sevens over opening hours
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;10/17/2003, Issue 5360, p35
Presents humorous stories involving furniture makers in the European Union. Companies experiencing bad and good weak; Statement of Peter Keen, marketing director of Hyphos, in response to a certain article; Gossip concerning a furniture's factory floor.
- Buhler dealer ignites hot idea. // Furniture/Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that Buhler Furniture came up with a new idea that was the talk of the Toronto winter market. According to Robert Dueck, Buhler's vice president of sales and marketing, one of the company's North Dakota dealers, Zimmerman's, asked the producer if it could modify a corner...
- IDEAtional ITEMS: THE IDEA BUSINESS. Weimer, A. M. // Business Horizons;Fall65, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p69
Focuses on the need for managers to have an awareness of ideas in terms of their principal characteristics and peculiarities and functions. Scarcity of managers recognizing the implications of the proposition that one cannot command an idea to appear; Functions emphasized by the manager's role...
- Ideas: What matters is 'what you catch'. // Executive Leadership;Jan2012, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p6
The article presents a discussion on good ideas for business executives adapted from the article "Creation Myth" by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Guaranteed ways to kill ideas. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Apr2002, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p31
Focuses on the techniques of discouraging ideas suggested for managers. Ignore of ideas from employees; Postponement of the ideas.
- ADDING WOOD TO THE FIRE. Hudson, Tom // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2014, Issue 5875, p18
The article presents explanations of Frank Hudson, operations director of furniture manufacturer Frank Hudson Ltd., on the implication of the European Union Trading Regulation for the furniture industry. The possibility that furniture could be made up of several different types of raw materials...
- UK furniture makers miss out on EU cash. // Cabinet Maker;2/22/2008, Issue 5576, p3
The article reports that officials at the British Furniture Confederation (BFC) will question the minister for Europe regarding the allocated European Union Structural Fund (EUSF) for the industry.
- People Skills. Shenkman, Michael H. // Executive Excellence;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p14
Provides tips on distinguishing potential leaders from good managers. Level of performance; Conceptualization of ideas; Commitment of the employees to produce high quality output.
- Quality and Technology in the Furniture Industry Before EU Accession. Prokopova, Helena // Czech Business & Trade;2004, Issue 1/2, p32
Focuses on technology in the furniture industry of Czech Republic before its accession to the European Union. Price range of furniture; Furniture production.