New hope for Ikea's Irish plans
- IKEA plans aggressive growth. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;2/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p22
Reports the plan of the Swedish retailer IKEA to expand its business in North America. Search for an advertising agency to help in the initiative; Lists of proposed sites for the store locations; Addition of distribution centers to support the initiative.
- Ikea. // Furniture/Today;Sep2001 Supplement, Vol. 26, p12
Reports the business expansion of furniture retailer Ikea in the United States. Construction of stores in populated areas; Focus on the existing markets; Total revenues acquired in sales.
- Work: Ikea. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;10/4/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 40, p28
Presents information on the advertisement created by S, C, P, F Barcelona for Ikea.
- spin of the month. // Checkout;Jan2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p62
The article provides information related to the opening of IKEA in Belfast, Northern Ireland on the city. IKEA's opening in December 2007 was arguably the biggest retail story of the month, predicting huge queues, rowdy customers and general chaos from the M1 to Hollywood Exchange. However, IKEA...
- Ikea calls pitch to slim Â£50m global media roster. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;2/24/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p14
Reports that Ikea company is reviewing its global media buying to reduce its list to a maximum of three global media buying agencies in Great Britain. Total operating expenses of Ikea across North America and Europe; Conduction of pre-screening and data collection across agencies; Reason for the...
- Ikea: opportunities in the electricals market. // MarketWatch: Technology;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the possibility that Ikea would move to electricals market in Great Britain. The idea reportedly came in when chief executive officer (CEO) Anders Dahlvig claims that the company is considering adding electricals to its iconic furniture, following what have already done by...
- IKEA eyes aggressive growth. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the business planning of IKEA, an international home furnishings retailer in Pennsylvania. Number of stores to be opened; Dependence of the business operations of the company with the economic conditions; Sales performance of the company.
- Ikea plans Dallas-area store. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;1/26/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p96
Reports on the plans of furnishings company Ikea to open a store in Dallas, Texas. Efforts of the company to promote business in the U.S. market; Details of the economic development agreement entered by the company with the city; Impact of the move on the operations of Ikea.
- Distribution site cutbacks for Ikea. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2007, Issue 5563, p3
The article reports on the plan of Ikea to relocate its distribution site to its warehouse by the end of February 2008 in Doncaster, England. This decision was the result of the company's strategic review which found out that the Northamptonshire distribution warehouse was not cost effective....