House Tax Hike
- The incredible flat tax. Hall, Robert E.; Rabushka, Alvin // American Enterprise;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p63
Focuses on flat-rate income taxes in the United States. Definition of flat-rate taxes; Benefits and disadvantages; Applications; Administrative principles; Flat-tax rates.
- Tax: going flat out. Blyth, Alex // Accountancy;Oct2005, Vol. 136 Issue 1346, p128
Looks at what a flat rate of income tax would really mean in Great Britain as of October 2005. Statistics on the growth in the complexity of the British tax system; Proposal by the Adam Smith Institute for how the flat rate of income tax might work in Great Britain. INSET: How would it affect...
- Where Communists Beat Capitalists. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Global;7/21/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p13
Reports on the edge of communist and former communist countries over capitalists with regard to flat tax. Benefits from flat taxes; Effect of flat tax on the Russian economy; Plan of the Chinese government to adopt flat tax.
- No free lunch on tax reform. Gale, William G. // Brookings Review;Spring96, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p3
Opinion. Explains the flat tax system. Basic taxation rule for businesses and households; Comparison with the income tax system; Flat tax variants proposed by Senator Arlen Specter and the Kemp Commission; Conflicts among the underlying principles of tax reform; Calculation of the flat tax...
- Expanding the Discussion of the Flat Tax. Dalton, Thomas M. // CPA Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p13
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Simulating a Flat Tax Model: What Are the Likely Outcomes" by Brita Boudreau and Thomas M. Dalton in the October 2013 issue.
- Why Not a Flat Tax? Mitchell, Daniel J. // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p17
Proposes the adoption of flat tax in Australia. Its advantages; Opposition to the flat tax; How the government will benefit from the proposal.
- A conceptual analysis of the flat tax. Fellows, James A. // CPA Journal;Jul95, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p18
Examines the nature of flat tax and its policy complications in the United States. Taxable income covered by the flat tax; Purpose of the flat tax; Taxpayer behavior concerning flat tax; Evaluation of flat taxes' progressive application; Distribution of income in society using the flat tax.
- LIVING WITH THE FLAT TAX. Feld, Alan L. // National Tax Journal;Dec95, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p603
Discusses the flat tax replacement for the federal income tax in the United States. Business tax; Mixed business and personal assets; In-kind transfers; Taxpayer business; Cash accounting; International transactions.
- Congress' new flat tax. McNairn, William N. // Outlook;Summer95, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p48
Describes the flat tax proposal in Congress. View of flat tax as solution to the Internal Revenue Code's complexity; New concept of tax-sharing fairness; Shift of tax burdens between upper and lower income taxpayers; Lack of deduction to alimony payers and tax-free status to alimony recipients;...