'Steered' Canal Contract?
- Homeless alone. Steele, Michael; Mann, Thomas // New York;03/16/98, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the non-renewal of the New York/New York Agreement. David Dinkin and Mario Cuomo's program proven to get the hard-core homeless off the streets cheaply and effectively; Indications that Governor Pataki will not fulfill the requirement that the state pay half the cost; The success of...
- Public, private groups hail affordable housing credit. Brody, Loren // Westchester County Business Journal;03/01/99, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the commendation for the decision of New York Governor George Pataki to grant housing tax credits in the state. Amount of state budget given to the tax credit program; Requirements to qualify for the tax credit.
- Pataki proposes safeguards for seniors. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the 2003 Assisted Living Reform Act proposed by governor George Pataki in New York. Establishment of standards for assisted-living residences; Consumer protections provided to seniors; Limitation on the authority of the state Department of Health.
- Gov. inks law forcing home sale checklist. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/16/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 47, p5A
Reports that governor George Pataki has signed into law an act that requires a home seller to provide potential buyers a disclosure checklist of the property's deficiencies. Provisions of the law; Arguments made by opponents of the law; Advantages of the law for both buyers and sellers.
- FHA worried about looming N.Y. cuts. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;4/10/95, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p28
Reports on the concerns of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) regarding New York Governor George Pataki's Medicaid budget cuts. Scenarios of the healthcare industry's grass-roots campaign; Financial implications of the looming Medicaid reductions; Meeting called by FHA with state officials...
- Gov. Pataki's budget would cut housing program fund. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/14/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p12B
Reports on the funding cut to the budget proposal of governor George Pataki for housing programs in New York. Reaction of nonprofits creating affordable housing on the move; Effect of the cuts on the housing programs for the rural poor; Contribution of the state Division of Housing and...
- The need for luxury decontrol. // Crain's New York Business;6/9/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p8
New York City Governor George Pataki will decide on terms for renewing the New York City system that controls rents on about 1 million apartments. The existing system prevents the market from properly allocating housing by forcing single persons to keep large apartments that should be taken over...
- Action day for Partnership for the Homeless. Tatum, Elinor // New York Amsterdam News;2/4/95, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p35
Reports the meeting of the Partnership for the Homeless which focused on New York State Governor George Pataki Administration's housing plan for the homeless in the state. Key speakers; Economic condition of the homeless.
- Pataki breaks ground for veterans home at Montrose. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/05/99-07/19/99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p29
Reports that New York Governor George E. Pataki participated in the groundbreaking ceremony for a nursing home in Westchester County for veterans in the state. Other officials who attended the ceremony.