- Data Protection Act binds trustees. // Employee Benefits;Dec2001, p9
Reports that the pension trustee exemptions to the Data Protection Act in Great Britain will no longer apply following the end of the Act's transition in October 2001. Implication of the end of the transition; Requirement for trustees.
- Juggling flexibility with market returns. Ward, Sue // Employee Benefits;May2003, p06
Discusses several investment issues faced by pension scheme trustees in Great Britain. Stock market performance; Advice from investment consultants; Investment risks; Risk management. INSETS: The devil is in the timing;Closed schemes and stochastic valuations;Specific manager risks.
- Doing the fiduciary full monty. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;5/3/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p8
Reports that three Massachusetts pension fund trustees have staged a striptease to protest the state oversight. Violation of the fiduciary rights of the pension fund trustees.
- LARGEST PENSION FUNDS. Brown, Stephen; Lessard, Raelyn // Crain's Detroit Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p14
Ranks the largest pension funds in Detroit, Michigan, based on total assets in 2000.
- Busting the trust busters. // Money Marketing;11/21/2002, p40
Focuses on trust-busting or pension liberation schemes in Great Britain which offer clients immediate cash from their pension funds, whatever their age. Introduction of procedures in 1997 designed to stop such payments; Description of how trust-busting schemes operate; Problems encountered with...
- A case in point. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;11/21/2002, p58
Focuses on employee trusts in Great Britain. Concerns in the marketing of employee trusts; Tax and legal issues pertaining to such trusts; Development in case law relevant to employee trusts; Stand of the Inland Revenue on employee trusts.
- Professional advice. // Director (00123242);Sep99, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p29
Presents information on professional advice pertaining to pension scheme questions in Great Britain. How to ensure a pension scheme that is compliant with current law; Possible conflict on being a managing director and a trustee of a company's pension scheme; What pension scheme might be of...
- On the road to tax heaven. Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian T. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p34
Part II. Focuses on charity remainder trusts (CRT). Explanation of how CRTs work; Why CRTs are powerful tax weapons; Distribution of money in a pension plan.
- Rhode Island Bumps Int'l Equities by $330M. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;01/10/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the approval of the trustees for the Rhode Island Employees' Retirement System for the result of an asset allocation study that calls for a hike in international equities.