Senate OKs $91 Billion Treasury, Transportation Spending Bill
- Voucher Fight Again Delays Fiscal '04 Appropriations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p4
Reports on the plan of Senate leaders to add the District of Columbia spending bill to an omnibus bill that would consolidate appropriations measures passed by the Congress for fiscal 2003 in the U.S. Creation of federally funded school-choice voucher program; Combination of operation and...
- Senate Approves Congressional Appropriations. // Human Events;07/23/99, Vol. 55 Issue 27, p23
Reports on the $2.5-billion 2000 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act (HR 1905) by the United States Senate on June 16, 1999. Purpose of the act; Reductions pointed out by Utah Representative Bob Bennett; Amendments proposed by Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin included in the bill.
- Senate Likely to Approve Stopgap Spending Bill to Retain Fiscal '02 Levels. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p5
Reports on the possibility of approving a stopgap spending bill by the U.S. Senate on January 29, 2003. Implications of the approval for lawmakers; Reason cited for holding up negotiations on omnibus legislation; Other contentious spending bills.
- $318 Billion Now Ceiling. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;4/5/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p14
Reports on the approval of the transportation bill by the U.S. Senate. Increase of federal funding for highway and transit; Consideration of the transportation needs of the country; Improvement and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Senate GOP Holds Line, Defeats Democratic Attempts to Bloat Budget. // Human Events;1/27/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p30
Provides information on the failure of the U.S. Senate to pass several spending bills that will fund the government in fiscal 2003. Information on the attempt of the U.S. Democratic Party to increase the omnibus spending package; Senators who proposed the amendments of the spending bills.
- Spending bills, jobs, tax reform dominate week. // Hill;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 141, p4
The article reports on several issues to be addressed by the Senate Democrats and Republicans of the U.S. Congress including the bills for federal spending in different agencies like the Department of Agriculture in 2012, jobs plan of President Barack Obama, and on a China currency bill.
- Senate Panel Approaches Spending Bill With Big Boost for Amtrak. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p5
Reports that Appropriation Committee of the U.S. Senate has approved a $91 billion spending bill for the Transportation and Treasury Departments. Opinion of Richard Shelby, chairman of the Senate Appropriations Transportation and Treasury subcommittee on the approval of the bill; Information on...
- (FY 2010) Health Reform to Take Priority Over Appropriations, CR Likely. // Community Health Funding Week;9/11/2009, p3
The article reports that health reform is likely to take priority over appropriations in the U.S. Senate. It states that health care negotiations are going to take longer and may likely stretch into the middle of October 2009. The House has passed all of its fiscal year (FY) 2010 spending bills,...
- (NUTRITION) House & Senate Must Settle $24B Ag Funding Bill. // Community Health Funding Week;9/11/2009, p4
A summary is presented of the bill H. R. 2997, the Agriculture Appropriations bill, prepared by the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee.