State Budget Deficits Will Top $40 Billion in 2005, Analyst Says
- Share the fiscal misery. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p34
Reports on the initiatives to resolve the budget deficit in Connecticut. Tax increases; Number of job reduction; Call for government reform.
- Make it Here in America. Ryan, Paul // City & State;2/25/2013, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p9
The article calls for support to U.S. and New York based producers to spur domestic growth, produce jobs for Americans, and generate tax revenues rather than outsourcing U.S. jobs to enrich other nations.
- Affirmative Action at the Crossroads. THIELKE, ROSEMARY // America;7/18/1981, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p31
The article discusses the advances and initiatives to promote and implement affirmative action in the U.S. The advances in the antidiscrimination measures and strong stands for equality of the executive and judiciary branches of the U.S. Government are elaborated. Despite advances, it is noted...
- UPDATES. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Jan2007, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p6
The article presents updates on economic statistics in Great Britain. It states that the index of production in manufacturing increased by 0.3% in three months ending October 2006. The employment rate declines to 74.5% during the said quarter and the current budget deficit amounted to ï¿½7.7...
- FEDERAL BUDGET DEFICITS: IT'S NOT IF, BUT WHEN, THEY MATTER. Saltzman, Cynthia // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Mar2005, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p22
This article explores the impact of U.S. federal budget deficits on long-term interest rates. Monetary policy directly affects short-term interest rates; the U.S. Federal Reserve docs nor have a direct mechanism to alter long-term rates. However, the U.S. Federal Reserve understands that...
- Consequential Effects of Budget Deficit on Economic Growth of Pakistan. Fatima, Goher; Ahmed, Mehboob; Ur Rehman, Wali // International Journal of Business & Social Science;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p203
To achieve sustainable economic growth of a country balanced budget is not only important but necessary. This research aims at investigating the true impact of the budget deficit on the economic growth of the country. The sample taken for the current study comprises of time-series considering...
- The first rule of holes. Hagelin, Rebecca // Business Journal (Central New York);4/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p29
Comments on the overspending of the federal government in the U.S. Escalation of discretionary spending; Volatility of the economy; Employment trends.
- Behind the Big Deficit. // America;9/27/1958, Vol. 99 Issue 26, p661
The article focuses on the reasons behind the big deficit in the budget of the U.S. for 1959. Following a customary midyear budget review, Maurice H. Stans of the Bureau of Budget announced on September 11 that a deficit of $12.2 billion was in prospect. It notes the impact of the decline in...
- Hope springs eternal. Ross, David // Financial Management;Oct2003, p16
Focuses on the economic condition worldwide as of October 2003. Increase consumer debt in Great Britain; Increase in the employment rate in the U.S.; Budget deficits in Germany; Revision of the economic growth prospect in Japan.