Indiana County Nears Back-Taxes Pact With Steel Company
- RACE FOR NATIONAL STILL OPEN, BUT DEADLINE NEARS. // Metal Producing & Processing;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the selection of buyer for National Steel by a bankruptcy court in the U.S. Satisfaction of creditors and union leaders; Assessment of the bidding standards; Acquisition of operating assets to the winning bid.
- Contrite Revenue rewrites set-up with Accenture. Jacobs, Bill // Computer Weekly;3/28/2002, p18
Reports the agreement between Inland Revenue and Accenture to prevent computer problems in Great Britain. Integration of the Contributions Agency into the Revenue; Possibility of tax overpayment; Actions of the Revenue in relation to individual tax payers.
- National Steel bankruptcy leaves local firms owed $40 million-plus. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p45
Reports the impact of the National Steel Corp. bankruptcy on local companies in the U.S. Tal debt of the company; List of creditors; Impact of debt on the finances of DTE Energy Co.
- Report doesn't heal pain of plant deaths. // Crain's Detroit Business;01/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Reports that state regulators has cleared National Steel Corporation of responsibility in a double fatality at the company's Great Lake Steel's Zug Island plant in River Rouge. Details on the accident; Reasons action was taken against the firm.
- New Steel line. Wilson, Tonja // Crain's Detroit Business;10/26/98, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p21
Reports that the National Steel Corp.'s Great Lakes division has launched a $150 million galvanizing project in Ecorse, Michigan.
- National Steel won't pay tax bill. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;10/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p2
Reports the refusal of the bankrupt National Steel Corp. to pay for the tax bill in Michigan.
- Wake-up call for work safety. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/08/97, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p8
Opinion. States that they have been four work related death at the National Steel Corporation's Great Lakes Steel plant in Encorse, Michigan. Discussion on the number of work related deaths recorded by Michigan in 1996; Examination of the investigation being carried out by State Safety;...
- General Dynamics Awarded $940 Million For T-AKE-11, 12, Options For More. // Defense Daily;12/15/2008, Vol. 240 Issue 50, p5
The article reports on the $940 Million being awarded to General Dynamics Corp. (GD) National Steel Corp. and Shipbuilding Co. Ltd. for a T-AKE-11 and T-AKE-12 and other two options in the U.S. The U.S. Department of Defense says the contracts for T-AKE-11 and T-AKE-12 includes design and...
- IRS finalizes worker classification instructions. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p10
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued final instructions and standard closing agreement forms for use in its worker classification settlement program (CSP). Information about the CSP; How the IRS examiners could offer a settlement to qualified businesses that are under...