Massachusetts Board of Ed Says State Universities Need $1 Billion
- State college makes push for students. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;5/27/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p1
Reports the student admission at Nevada State College in Henderson, Nevada. Number of student applicants to the university; State budget for an enrollment of 500 students; Provision of a vote of confidence from the university system Board of Regents.
- California Gov. to Slash $200 Million from Colleges. Coleman, Jennifer // Community College Week;12/23/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p8
Deals with the plan of Governor Gray Davis to impose spending cuts on state colleges and universities in California. Value of the budget cut proposal; Impact of the budget cut on community colleges; Significance of audit for community colleges.
- Gramm revives plan easing arbitrage restrictions on Texas university fund. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30843, p3
Focuses on the restoration of the yield-restrict investments of Texas state universities by R-Texas Phil Gramm. Exemption from arbitrage restrictions under the Tax Reform Act of 1984; Impact of the amendments on fund's financial flexibility; Validation on the exception in the Internal Revenue Code.
- State Funding for State Education Agencies. // Educational Marketer;4/23/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p1
The article offers information on the state funding for state educational agencies (SEA) for school year 2012-2013 on various state projects.
- Texas Lawmakers Work to Pass $3.7B of Tuition Revenue Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p6
The article focuses on the actions of Texas legislature concerning the approval of the 3.7 billion dollars of tuition revenue bonds to finance projects for state colleges and universities. The house had reached a consensus on the tuition revenue bond issue, which provide funding for public...
- Community colleges' student ranks surge. Klaus, Jared // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p3
With tuition costs at state universities skyrocketing, and many people seeking retraining for new careers, community colleges in Northeast Ohio are experiencing dramatic increases in students. "Community colleges are uniquely positioned to provide immediate response to work force development and...
- Report: Most N.Y. Colleges to Raise Tuition. // Community College Week;8/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p11
Reports on a tuition increase being planned by community colleges in New York as of August 16, 2004. Number of community colleges in the state; Remarks from State University of New York spokesman David Henahan on the absence of approval for the increase; Capital plan funded by the state since 1998.
- The Courage to Change. Upham, Steadman // University Business;Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p11
Calls for changes in higher education quality in California. Roots of the budget crisis facing state colleges and universities in October 2002; Impact of the budget crisis on the University of California; Management freedom for university campuses.
- Ohio Revamping Higher Education System Plan. // Community College Week;8/11/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p3
The article deals with the plan of the state of Ohio to revamp its higher education system. Measures to be taken over the ten-year plan include increase of state spending on higher education, reduction of tuition costs, and increase enrollment at public colleges. The state is considered as a...