Yields Rise Two to Three Basis Points; Illinois Sells $362 Million of New Debt
- Florida Latest State to Help Issuer Disclosure Compliance. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p1
Reports on the development of program designed to help local municipal securities issuers in Florida. Compliance with secondary market disclosure requirements under the Securities and Exchange Commission; Modification of the bond information collection system; Recognition of municipal...
- Munis End Week Up, as Light Supply Helps Send Long-End Prices Higher. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p2
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Increase in secondary market activity; Market performance of US Treasury bonds.
- Technicals Keep Muni Prices Buoyant; PaineWebber Prices Maine Turnpikes. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30853, p2
Focuses on the issuance of bonds in the municipal market and secondary markets in the United States. Status of the municipal cash market bonds; Pricing of Maine Turnpike Authority revenue bonds by PaineWebber Inc.; Bond issue rating insured by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.
- Muni interest lags for secondary buyers. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p31
Reports on the demand for secondary municipal bonds in the United States in February 1998. Trading interest in coupon bonds; Convexity problems of investors; Original-issue discount concerns; Investors' avoidance of capital gains; Best performers; Secondary municipal prices; Bond-to-Treasury...
- Stalwarts seek bargains amid muni mart rubble. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/06/99, Vol. 65 Issue 48, p9
Reports on investors' taking advantage of the municipal (muni) bond market in light of increase in trading in the secondary market in the United States. Drop in prices on muni bonds; Offer by long-term municipal bonds in the market; Reason why many issuers and longtime patients leave the market.
- Bid-wanted lists shrink in secondary. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/13/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30272, p35
Reports that secondary municipal bid-wanted lists have diminished since the first week of November 1997, from a total of $250 million on November 4 to $130 million on November 10.
- Municipals Lag Treasury Gains; New Issues Total Over $12 Billion. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31489, p2
Reports the municipal bond rate as of October 9, 2002 in the U.S. Debt sales of the new-issue market; Weakness of short-term labor market; Optimism over long-term market recovery.
- Munis Muted After Friday's Excitement. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p2
Reports on the stability of the municipal bonds in an illiquid market in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003. Increase of yields; Improvement of the labor market; Improvement of the cash bonds.
- Muni Market Mixed on Monday as New Deals Price. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;12/7/2015, p1
Top-quality municipal bonds ended mixed on Monday, according to traders, with prices weaker on the short end, steady in the intermediate range, and stronger out long. In the primary market, two large deals kicked off the week's new issue action.