Calif. Awaits Schwarzenegger's Decision on Contested Bonds
- Senate Head: Repeal Workers' Comp Reforms. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the proposed reform of the workers' compensation by Senate President John Burton in California. Response to the criticism of workers' compensation law by governor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Response of the business community on the scheme; Priorities of the governor.
- Schwarzenegger Steels Workers' Comp Stance. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p1
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's stance on workers' compensation reform. Schwarzenegger's plans to take a reform package directly to voters through an initiative; Dispute between Schwarzenegger and state legislators over workers' compensation reform.
- Schwarzenegger Starts Slashing California's Construction
Budget. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/1/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p7
Moving quickly on his campaign pledge of bold action, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger began his tenure late last month by unveiling a series of far-reaching and controversial proposals to address California's fiscal crisis. Leading the list is a $530-million cut in the state transportation budget...
- Schwarzenegger: 'A new day'. Kiefer, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/18/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 18, p4
Pledging an end to special-interest politics and then acting on several campaign pledges, motion picture actor Arnold Schwarzenegger assumed his newest role as the 38th governor of California after being sworn in as of November 2003. On hand for the swearing-in ceremony were more than 7,000...
- Angelides Warns About Bonding Suits. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p1
Reports on the need for California governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger to deal with legal challenges involved in bond issues that the state plans to sell to patch budget deficit. Release of the pension-obligation bonds and fiscal recovery bonds; Generation of cash to repay short-term notes;...
- Vote on California's High-Speed Rail Project Postponed Until 2006. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p33
Reports on the postponement of the vote on California's high-speed rail project until 2006. Reasons behind the decision; Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's signing of a bill removing rail bond authorization proposal from the statewide ballot on November 2004.
- WAIT AND SEE Business Put Off Bolting For Now, Pinning Hopes on Schwatzenegger. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the business reaction to the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of California. Reasons of companies for putting their relocation plans on hold following Schwarzenegger's election; Business concerns over workers' compensation fraud in the state; Schwarzenegger's pledge to...
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;1/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p35
Reports political developments in California as of January 12, 2003. Warning statement of Governor Arnold Schwarzenergger to legislatures to deliver workers' compensation reform; Determination of recall measure toward the ballot during the election; Issues pertaining to election funds used by...
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p59
Comments on several Propositions in California and their impact on the public finance policies of state Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2004. Defeat of Proposition 56 and its effect on Schwarzenegger's efforts to close a projected 2004-05 budget deficit; Victories on Propositions 57 and 58...