Famine in a Land of Plenty
- Neighbourhood watch. Haselhurst, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/12/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6311, p83
Examines the stability of the interest rates for the Adamus Resources company in South Australia. Announcement on the result of the single drill hole of the Minotaur Resources; Trend of the mineralization; Status of the portfolio management for the Adamus.
- Hedge of reality. Zahos, Effie // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/3/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6281, p74
Presents investment management advice for Australian investors in light of another expected decline in interest rates. Need for fixed-term interest investors to select longer-term yields; Recommended deposits and cash management trusts; Need to watch the yield curve; Recommended maintenance of...
- Korean Fund Managers Club Together. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/15/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p7
The article announces the establishment of the 440 Trillion Won Club by Korean public fund management institutions at the end of 2006. The initiative is aimed at improving the collective asset management capabilities of such institutions. The group is officially named as the Community for...
- For a better fix on the outlook for interest rates, watch the economy, not the election. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Jul76, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p8
Discusses suggestions for portfolio managers in the U.S. to monitor interest rates in 1976. Reason for projecting a rise in interest rates during the year; Rate of inflation in 1976; Relation of the growth of money supply and economic activity.
- Niedrigzinsumfeld stellt Assetmanager vor groÃŸe Probleme. // Risiko Manager;2013, Issue 11, p5
The article discusses the effect of low interest rates on asset and portfolio management in bond funds.
- Ways to Ladder Investments in a Changing Economy. Hingston, Roy // Community Banker;May2003, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p50
Provides views on the principles of a laddered investment and its management in a changing economy. Views on the simplicity of the laddered investment portfolio discipline; Theory of the laddered portfolio; Influence of interest rates on the strategies of investors. INSET: Five-year Treasury...
- Life Insurers Facing Interest Rate Dilemma. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/12/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 19, p35
Focuses on the interest rate dilemma facing life insurers in the U.S. Reference to low interest rates; Impact of the decline of corporate credit quality on investment portfolios of companies; Promotion of vast annuities investing.
- Did Securities Sales Work? Jury's Out. Rieker, Matthias; Boraks, David; Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;7/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 143, p7
Low interest rates continued to be a major problem for U.S.-based bankers in the second quarter of 2003, but many prepared their balance sheets for rising rates by selling parts of their securities portfolios. CreditSights Inc. analyst David Hendler said bankers should have sold more last...
- NEWS: IN BRIEF. // Fund Strategy;4/12/2010, p7
The article offers world news briefs related to portfolio management, including the 4.25% increase in interest rates in Australian Central Bank, the failure of Fidelity China Special Solutions to reach the targeted public offering and the appointment of Toby Vaughan as principal fund manager for...