Hotel on Watch
- Spano considers potential of proposed Expo Center. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;04/12/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p3
Reports that Yonkers, New York county officials are hoping that the planned Expo Center in the area will bring in trade shows and congresses which failed to book at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. Mandelbaum family's selection of Yonkers as its top choice for its second Expo Center.
- Visions Of Grandeur. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/23/98, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the unveiling of plans for the construction of the new Grand Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Participants in the unveiling rites; Project cost; Infrastructure plans to support the center; Total area; Number of levels and rooms; Stages of construction; Factors for the expansion of...
- New mayor should privatize Cobo Center. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p8
Suggests on plans and initiatives as the focus of the administration of Mayor-elect Kwame Kirkpatrick in Detroit, Michigan. Choice between the sale or the privatization of the management of the Cobo Center; Advantage of the conference and exhibition hall to the city; Estimates of the costs of...
- KINTEX to be kicked-off in April 2005. // Tagungs-Wirtschaft;Sep2003, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p94
Reports on the planned launch of the Korea International Exhibition Center in Seoul, Korea. Reason for the project's establishment by city officials; Convenience of the center's location; Facilities featured in the center.
- Indiana Sells $192 Million of BABs To Finish Convention Center Project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/24/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33137, p8
The article reports on the $216 million of mostly taxable Build America Bonds sold by the Indiana Finance Authority. In this deal, Morgan Stanley served as senior manager, Barnes & Thornburg LLP is bond counsel and Krieg DeVault LLP is underwriters counsel. Proceeds of the deal will finance the...
- LIVING LARGE. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/8/2005 Supplement, Vol. 20, p8
The article focuses on the expansion of Convention Center in downtown Spokane, Washington. The 100,000-square-foot elliptically shaped expansion will invite direct competition with other major cities in the Northwest. The former exhibit hall of the convention center will become a...
- Unconventional ideas. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;1/26/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p22
Detroit, Michigan's, new 1 million-square-foot convention center could be built on or under the west riverfront, if the visions of teams of architects, planners and students from the University of Michigan hold true. Proposals for a convention center were included in proposals from the sixth...
- Kings Dock in doubt. // Building Design;11/12/2004, Issue 1650, p3
Reports on the criticism of the Kings Dock scheme for a conference center, arena and public plaza in Liverpool, England, by local councilors.
- Here's the plan. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on the plan regarding the construction of the downtown convention center in Cleveland, Ohio. Elimination of the West Third south of Saint Clair; Absence of developing pedestrian bridges connecting the center to the hotels; Transformation of Public Square as a park.