MSRB Kicks Off Series of Forums on 529 College Savings Plans
- MSRB to Hold Its Second Disclosure Forum in January. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p6
Announces the holding of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's second disclosure forum in Washington on January 11 and 12, 2001. Aim of the forum; Topics for discussion.
- MSRB Issues Agenda For Disclosure Forum. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p5
Highlights the topics scheduled to be debated at the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's forum on disclosure in January 2000. Role of nationally recognized municipal securities information repositories; Extent to which dissemination of disclosure information is working in the United States.
- Jester on MSRB Agenda. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p1
Reports on the delay of the real-time trade reporting in the municipal market of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in the U.S. Consideration of the price disparities in the market; Modification of political contributions; Inclusions of derivatives and disclosure.
- Guardedly Optimistic. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p1
Reports the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to narrow the scope of the municipal market profesional concept. Reactions of analysts on the proposal; Appprehensions regarding the proposal; Effects of the proposal on investors.
- MSRB Plans G-37 Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p1
Reports on the plan made by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to propose several revisions to its Rule G-37 on political contributions. Plan to increase price transparency in the market by the board; Purpose of designing Rule G-37.
- Pitt Calls For Transparency Improvement. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/26/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31374, p1
Focuses on the need for the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to improve price transparency in the municipal market in the U.S. Introduction of more transparency in the market; Increase in the number of traded transactions; Dissemination of a comprehensive daily trading information.
- MSRB Seeks Speedier Trade Data. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p1
Reports the plans of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to file a proposal with the Securities and Exchange Commission to release data from municipal securities trades in the U.S. Explanation on real-time price reporting; Assessment on the effect of the release on liquidity in the...
- MSRB Unveils Real-Time Pricing Demo, Seeks Comments. Hume, Lynn // Securities Industry News;09/13/99, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p16
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's introduction of its demonstration program on its Web site which shows how the organization will disseminate pricing and other information on municipal securities trades. Features of the program; Background on the organization's efforts to...
- MSRB to elect five to board. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p4
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in the United States will elect five board members late July 1999. Nominations; Composition of the board.