Advisory Group Rules Against Bankruptcy for Pittsburgh
- Detroit's long-term debt is not a current fiscal crisis. Henry, John // Michigan Citizen;7/14/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 36, pA6
The author discusses on the long-term debit of Detroit, Michigan which is not a financial stress, including the city's economy in relation with the fiscal status, public jobs and services, and the responsibility of the governor.
- U.S. Has Much to Fear from Europe Debt Crisis. Stokes, Bruce // National Journal;5/21/2011, p9
The article discusses Europe's sovereign-debt crisis, with Greece moving out of control, and cites Ireland and Portugal as the next possible victims of the financial crisis. It states that the U.S. has a big stake in Europe, its largest trading partner. During the initial Greek crisis of 2010,...
- GOP is the Loser in Debt Debate. Marshall, Leslie // U.S. News Digital Weekly;7/22/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 29, p16
The article presents a blog about the Americans' perception of the Republican Party's strategy of addressing the debt crisis.
- Why Europe's noxious privatisation proposals sell Greece short. Varoufakis, Yanis // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/22/2015, p47
The author comments on the Greek sovereign debt crisis as of July 2015, arguing that the country's assets should have been used to revive the economy instead of being wasted on paying unpayable debt.
- Co-Editors' note. O'Flynn, Karen; Stam, Jennifer // Insolvency & Restructuring International;Sep2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics sovereign debt problems, the transnational element of insolvencies and restructures, and the shortcomings of the Insolvency Code in Greece.
- CEE Banks Feel Freeze From Western Headwinds. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/13/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p14
The article explains that the eurozone sovereign debt crisis will adversely affect the Central and Eastern European (CEE) banking sectors. It presents a negative outlook for the Hungarian and Ukrainian banking sectors. It looks more favorably however on the banking sectors of the Czech Republic...
- Vallejo Chap. 9 Filing Goes Before Judge. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32888, p1
The article reports that Vallejo, California will face a judge for the first time in a pair of procedural hearings since it filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection. It filed for Chapter 9 because the city cannot pay labor contracts in the face of a slowing housing market and weak tax...
- Warmed-Over GOP Rhetoric. Galupo, Scott // U.S. News Digital Weekly;7/22/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 29, p16
The article presents a blog about the Republicans' rhetoric attitude on addressing debt crisis in the U.S.
- ÃŽntoarcerea la fundamente: reforma societalÄƒ, a sistemului de valori ÅŸi a moralei publice. Chifu, Iulian // Sphere of Politics / Sfera Politicii;2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p95
The changes occurring now at the international level and the large chronic instability are going to define the decades to come. The global crisis as well as the European sovereign debts crisis are affecting Romania which has adopted austerity measures but without any complementary programs of...