NEWS IN BRIEF
- HUD to Allow PHAs to Back Bonds With Operating Grants. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p33
Reports that the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is currently drafting regulations that would allow public housing authorities to sell bonds backed by future public housing operating grants in Washington. Approval of the District of Columbia Housing Authority's application to...
- Part of the solution: A public housing view. Nelson, Kevin // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p6
Comments on public housing in the United States in light of United States Dept. of Housing and Urban Development reform. Complexity of public housing; Prevalence of good public housing management; Congress' contributions to public housing problems.
- Step-up: Old values, new opportunities. Allan, Richard S. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's STEP-UP housing program. Program's ability to link the poor with jobs paying decent wages; STEP-UP as a reflection of the themes and key guiding principles found in President Clinton's housing policy agenda; Features of...
- New HUD procedures help verify. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p3
Reports that the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in United States has developed improved computer software designed to help public and Indian housing authorities verify the Social Security (SS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) of residents receiving rental assistants. ...
- City reports. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun98, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p38
Presents several brief news on public housing in the United States. Consortium established by Waukesha, Philadelphia to develop affordable housing; Funds received by Inglewood, Philadelphia from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Transforming public housing. Bacon, Elinor // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p7
Focuses on the role played by the government program called HOPE VI in the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development's goal of transforming public housing. Focus on transforming the physical structure of housing and the lives of the residents; Problems associate with...
- HUD releases draft Public Housing Agency Plan template, instructions. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p3
Announces the release of a draft notice and computerized template from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to offer guidance on preparing and submitting reports under the 1999 Public Housing Agency Plan interim rule. Features of the guidance notice; Deadline for...
- Computer Files. Siksa, Christine // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p12
Reports that the United States Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Office of Public and Indian Housing postponed changes to the Multifamily Tenant Characteristics System in public housing. Reasons given by HUD officials for the delay; Issues on data collection that the office is seeking to clarify.
- Detroit receives $40 mil. from HUD for public housing renovations. // Jet;10/3/94, Vol. 86 Issue 22, p36
Reports that Detroit, Mich. received a $40 million check from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to be used for renovations and new construction at two housing developments in the city. Jeffries and Parkside housing developments.