Angelides Warns About Bonding Suits
- Oil companies, brewers play major role in initiative campaigns in March primary. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/20/2004, Issue 323207, p3
Reports on California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's California Recovery Team PAC, a national effort to pass Proposition 57-the state's recovery bond. Role of the bond in refinancing of the budget deficit; Rosters of the California Recovery Team's supporters; Voting requirement on the state...
- Schwarzenegger's Last Call: Another Special Session for New Lawmakers. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/15/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33416, p32
The article reports on the plans of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to call a special session for new lawmakers to deal with the state's budget deficit.
- Cary: Fallacy of a Soak-the-Rich Strategy. Cary, Mary Kate // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/22/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p19
The author discusses the effort of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to gather support for Proposition 16, which aims to address the 15 billion U.S. dollars budget deficit.
- CALIFORNIA: ERB Indenture May Change. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/17/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32511, p35
The article reports on the proposal of the finance officials to revise the indenture of economic recovery bonds (ERB) in California. In line to the request of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's selling of bonds to finance the state's budget deficit, officials enunciate to make some changes in ERB...
- CALIFORNIA: Lockyer v. Arnold on Lottery. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32999, p9
The article reports on the opposition of California Treasurer Bill Lockyer over Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposal to issue bonds backed by the state lottery. The lottery bond proposal is expected to raise $5 billion in fiscal 2010 that would be applied to the state's budget deficit. On...
- ONLINE. // Bond Buyer;5/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33317, p1
The article reports on the May 2010 budget proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, which addresses a 17.9 billion dollars deficit by proposing wholesale elimination of key social welfare programs with no tax increases in the state.
- California's long road to recovery. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/5/2003, Issue 323174, p1
Reports on the statewide tour of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to rally public support of his California Recovery Plan. Efforts to recover the state's budget deficit; Specifications of the bond proposal included in the plan; Mechanism to restore fiscal integrity.
- Shortfall may prompt cuts. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Feb2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p40
The article reports on the plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to appeal for financial help to manage the budget deficit in California.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E. V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p49
Presents opinion on the economic impact of the election of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of California. Promise he made to control a projected deficit for 2004-2005; Reason for Californians to replace Governor Gray Davis; Factor cited by Republicans for the state's crisis.