Testing the Swap Waters
- MBTA Plans $816 Million Sales Tax Deal, Mostly Refunding. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p4
Reports the plan of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to sell senior sales tax bonds in deal that is mostly refunding and expected to generate savings. Senior manager for the fixed-rate deal; Moody's Investors Service's rating of the sales tax bonds.
- MISSOURI. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;10/1/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p6
The article presents an update related to sales and use tax in Missouri as of October 2010, including a 1.1% interest rate on qualifying tax refunds for the period October 1 to December 31, 2010 and a taxpayer who is liable for use tax on his out-of-state purchase of a sport utility vehicle and...
- Louisiana Decides Now's the Time for Its $275 Million Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31447, p48
Reports the marketing of the gas and fuel tax-backed debt by the state government in Louisiana. Prediction of the interest rates; Assessment of the retail order period; Decline of debt coverage.
- Interest Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep99, p6
Reports on the increase on the yield spread between 10-year interest-rate swaps and 10-year Treasury bonds in the United States. What elicited fears of a credit crunch and possible increased market volatility; Effectiveness of spreads or snapshots of the yield curve in describing how the whole...
- Interest Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2000, p6
Presents an update on interest rates in the United States as of September 2000. Status of Treasury rates; Reason for the decline of long-term Treasury yields.
- A Note Examining the Impact of the Maturity Mix of Treasury Borrowing on Mortgage Interest Rates. Chopin, Marc C.; Suwannoi, Thanomsak // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Summer98, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
Provides information on a study which examined the impact of changes in the maturity mix of government borrowing on long-term interest rates in the United States. Description of the data and empirical model; Details on the estimation procedure; Results and discussions.
- Interest rates as of July 10, 1996. // Business Press;07/12/96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p15
Presents a chart showing the interest rates of treasury bonds in the United States as of July 10, 1996.
- Weekly T-Bills Draw Identical 4.44% Yields. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;12/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30545, p2
Focuses on the increase in tender rates for the Treasury's 91-day and 182-day discount bills.
- Interest Rates. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1999, p6
Talks about the condition of interest rates in the United States in 1998. Status of the Treasury yield curve; Decline in the spread between nominal 10-year Treasuries and 10-year Treasury inflation-protection securities.