GUN VIOLENCE BY THE NUMBERS
- Gun Violence in Europe. Krey, Patrick // New American (08856540);7/19/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p40
The article accounts a column by John Lott in the Foxnews.com which reveals the multiple case of public shootings that occurred in Western Europe despite the fact that it is one of the countries in the world which have stricter laws on gun ownership.
- EXERCISING THE RIGHT. Krey, Patrick // New American (08856540);2/20/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p40
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to the right of the people to keep and bear arms as of February 2012. A man shot a burglar who was about to break into his home in Tulare County, California and held him at gunpoint until police officers arrived. A burglary suspect was treated for a...
- Best of OL's Blogs. // Outdoor Life;Feb2009, Vol. 216 Issue 2, p8
Several blogs including the one about trusting politicians, another on banning of the guns, and one on the Second Amendment rights of gun owners in the U.S. are discussed.
- Politicians could find common ground to advance gun safety. Sanetti, Steve; Canterbury, Chuck // Hill;7/ 3/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 80, p15
The author discusses the factors that can be used by politicians in the U.S. to advance gun safety regulations in the country.
- Will Texas' New Open Carry Protect Black People? Boney, Jeffrey L. // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);1/6/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p2
The article presents the author's views on the whether the new law under which handgun is allowed to be carried in the Lone Star State for individuals who holds a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL), applies to African Americans also in Texas. He opines that Black people have faced a...
- Over a Barrel. Moorhouse, Barney // Ontario Out of Doors;Fall2009, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police has sent registration revocation notices to some owners of Remington 870 pump-shotguns stating their guns had been reclassified from non-restricted to prohibited. It informs that several years ago Quebec police services armourer...
- Best Practices for Valuing Firearms and Ammo. Horlbogen, Chad // Claims;Dec2014, Vol. 62 Issue 12, pS4
The article examines the implication of gun ownership for the U.S. insurance industry. Topics discussed include the frequency of gun-related insurance claims, the states with the most lenient gun ownership rules and safety guidelines that gun owners should be aware of. Also discussed are the...
- Illinois gun-info debate grows, legislation stalls. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;3/9/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p11
The article discusses the concern among gun owners in Springfield, Illinois over the plan of the city government to withhold the release of names of those authorized to bear guns in Illinois, wherein gun advocates have petitioned Attorney General Lisa Madigan to overthrow the decree.
- Is Concealed Carry a Privilege or a Right? Greenhut, Steven // Hit & Run;12/1/2014, p70
The article reports that a group of gun owners has challenged the San Diego County, California rule on issuing permits for concealed-carry weapons. Topics discussed include the provisions of the county's rule on concealed-carry, the implication of the case for the debate on whether getting a...