MAKE YOUR OWN CHINESE SCROLL
- Piecing together the past. Ulrich, Eugene; Vanderkam, James // Humanities;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the Dead Sea scrolls. Preservation of the scrolls; Manner of retrieval of the scrolls; Identification of the fragments; Conservation of books. INSET: Digitizing the images..
- Making a Chinese scroll. Wills, Susan // Spider;Aug96, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p30
Presents an activity for children which involves making a Chinese scroll. Materials; Procedure.
- Rare Buddhist writings. Berkowitz, Mark // Archaeology;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the discovery of a collection of first century A.D. birch-bark scrolls found in pottery jars from the ancient Buddhist kingdom of Gandhara in northern Pakistan and eastern Afghanistan. Additional knowledge on the teachings of Sarvastivadin Buddhism.
- HOW TO MAKE A SCROLL. Justice, Linda Masternak // Calliope;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p36
Provides tips on making a scroll. List of materials needed; Contents of the scroll; Procedures on making the scroll. INSET: ANSWER TO CHALLENGE OF THE SCROLL..
- The Illustrated Torah. // B'nai Zion Voice;Jan2013, p2
The article offers information on The Illustrated Torah scroll, available in Chattanooga, Tennessee in January 2013.
- Dead Sea Scrolls... // Monkeyshines on Mysteries in History;2004, p2
Deals with the discovery of Dead Sea scrolls in the 1950s and the speculations on the authors of such manuscripts.
- New spin: Scroll air compressors. Schaffer, Robert // Appliance Manufacturer;Jun97, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p64
Details the evolution of scroll concept dating back to early 19th Century. Progress of air-compressing scrolls machines; Advantages and disadvantages of using scrolls for compressors; Characteristics of cost-effective scroll compressors. INSETS: How scrolls work.;Innovations..
- NJ scribe joins other women in writing a Torah. Fishkoff, Sue // New Jersey Jewish News;10/21/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 42, p22
The article focuses on the writing of a Torah scroll by women in New Jersey.
- Dead Sea Scrolls still captivate. Lapkin, Alexandra // Jewish Advocate;5/17/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 20, p1
The article previews the exhibition "Dead Sea Scrolls: Life in Ancient Times" at the Museum of Science in Boston, Massachusetts from May 19, 2013-October 20, 2013.