- Ehrlich, Other Maryland Officials Crafting Plans to Plug $800M Budget Gap. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p32
Reports on the strategy of Governor Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. state officials to patch up the budget deficit in Maryland. Reduction of the state agency expenditures; Impact of the budget cuts on the human resources, health and mental hygiene departments; Installation of slot machines at the state...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p31
Presents several news related to bond market in the U.S. as of November 14, 2002. Budget deficit faced by Republican Governor-elect Sonny Perdue of Georgia; Assignment of rating to Northern Kentucky Water District's refunding revenue bonds by Moody's Investors Service; Virginia's rank in using...
- MARYLAND: GOP Aims to Cash in on Slots. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32700, p9
The article reports on the circulation of a plan to use slot machine revenues and a cap on spending growth to close an estimated $1.5 billion budget shortfall for fiscal 2009 by leading Republicans in the House of Delegates in Maryland. According to Minority Whip Christopher B. Shank, they have...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 23, 2003. Details of the released budget suplus in September 2003; Details of the proposal of Maryland Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. to use slot machines to close the state's budget gap; Basis of the AA-minus rating assigned...
- Bond Buyers Benefitting From State Budget Crisis. Berry, Kate // San Diego Business Journal;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the impact of the unresolved budget deficit in California. Collection of higher taxes to the taxpayers; Increase in the yields of general obligation bonds in the state; Reduction in state services spending.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p27
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. Growth of budget deficit of the state of Colorado; Source of funds for the construction of sports arena in Kansas; Impact of budget cuts on job security of teachers in Oklahoma.
- South African Bonds: Which Way Now? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/24/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p16
Presents information on the bond market in South Africa as of November 2003. Expected budget deficit for fiscal year April 2003-March 2004; Rise in public spending; Valuation of the rand.
- News in brief. Kruger, Daniel; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30798, p2
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the United States, current as of December 30, 1999. Includes projected budget deficit of Nassau County, New York for the fiscal year 2000; Increase in the composite index of leading economic indicators in November 1999.
- Indy Bond Bank Sets Two Deals, Prices Notes. Devitt, Catlin // Bond Buyer;11/21/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33009, p4
The article elaborates on the significance of the proposed trading of two issues by the Indianapolis Public Improvement Bond Bank in Indianapolis, Indiana. The institution plan to head to market with two issues after pricing $127 million of notes to cover cash-flow deficits for local government....