J.P. Morgan, Ala. School District Subpoenaed in FBI Philly Probe
- Responding to a Texas Criminal Subpoena. // Texas Bar Journal;May2012, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p417
The article offers information on how individuals should response to a criminal subpoena in Texas. Topics include subpoenas for witness testimony, the request for tangible evidence, and the fines for noncompliance. Information is provided on how to contest a subpoena and what to do if a grand...
- Firms like 15-year collateral for prepay protection. K.S. // Asset Securitization Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 46, p13
Reports on the forecast of J.P. Morgan Securities that 15-year collateral premiums will continue to provide superior prepayment convexity compared to their 30-year counterparts. Conditions cited contributing to the increase in 15-year issuance; Explanation for the narrower prepayment...
- Morgan unit leads Philippine utility loan. // American Banker;3/20/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 53, p30
Reports that J.P. Morgan & Co.'s Asian securities unit will arrange a $100 million utility loan for National Power Corp., guaranteed by the Republic of the Philippines.
- J.P. Morgan Staffs New Denver Office With Baum Bankers. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p6
Reports that J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. has opened a public office in Denver, Colorado. Heads of the office; Focus of the office on nationwide surface transportation.
- J.P. Morgan Reportedly Set to Hire in L.A. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/21/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30482, p27
Reports that J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. may open a public finance office in Los Angeles, California. J.P. Morgan's hiring of banker Brian Corley; Operations and service offered by J.P. Morgan.
- Charter: Feds Want Documents. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/19/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the subpoena from the U.S. grand jury to Charter Communications Inc. regarding the method of company in counting subscribers. Statement from senior vice president David Andersen of Charter on the issue; Request from the jury on the documents relating Charter's current and...
- THE IMPROPER USE OF THE FEDERAL GRAND JURY: AN INSTRUMENT FOR THE INTERNMENT OF POLITICAL ACTIVISTS. Deutsch, Michael E. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Winter1984, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p1159
This article discusses the improper use of the federal grand jury as an instrument for the internment of political activist in the U.S. A brief historical examination of the origins of the grand jury and its use in the U.S. is provided, with particular focus on contemporary history. In recent...
- What to Do When a Client Receives A Federal Grand Jury Subpoena. Athanas, William C. // Alabama Lawyer;Sep2012, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p351
The article discusses legal, factual and ethical issues pertaining to clients who receive a federal grand jury subpoena. It reflects the significance of understanding the applicable legal framework, recognizing the need to develop a plan at the outset and modify it as circumstances warrant, and...
- Unannounced Visits From Environmental Regulators, Part 2: What to Do When Your Employee Receives a Federal Grand Jury Subpoena. STEINMEYER, EDWIN A.; FIVEASH, JOHN L. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Dec2012, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p16
The article provides tips on the things to do when an employee has got a Federal Grand jury subpoena. It states that when an employee has obtained any indication to be a subject of federal investigation, contact the counsel immediately. It notes that company counsel must consider whether it must...