Oregon POBs Held Up
- Colorado ready to choose team to underwrite rare pension deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p36
Reports on Colorado's expected selection of an underwriting team for a planned sale of taxable pension obligation notes in November 1999. Worth of the debt; Record set by the deal; Plans of the state in using proceeds from the sale.
- Argentina's pension funds get incentives to buy bonds. Ciampi, Thomas V. // Pensions & Investments;5/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p14
Reports the approval to sell government bonds to private pension funds in Argentina. Reason for the approval; Renegotiation of existing obligations and issuance of additional bonds; Plan to meet the financing needs of the country.
- Poland to transfer pension fund bonds to state. // Regional Today;9/ 5/2013, p4
The article reports on the plan of Polish government to take over and cancel government bonds being held by privately-managed pension funds in an effort to curb public debt of Poland.
- Orange County Pension-Bond Plan Sparks a Bad Case of Deja Vu. Saskal, Rick // Bond Buyer;10/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31742, p3
Reports on the proposal to issue pension obligation bonds in Orange County, California. Worth of the issued pension obligation bonds; Solution to a short-term budgetary problem with a long-term liability; Urgency for the approval of debt proposals.
- Call to action. // Pensions & Investments;12/24/2001 Data Book, Vol. 29, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the delay in the adoption of a substitution rate of corporate pensions in the United States. Rate of Treasury bonds (T bond); Delay in the adoption of a substitution rate for T bonds; Concept behind pension funding laws.
- 8. INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS -- GENERAL CONFIDENCE IN THE CAPITAL MARKET IS STRONG: 8.2. Average duration of funds' government securities holdings increased by more than a year, boosting interest rate risk. // Report on Financial Stability (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);Nov2015, p70
The article offers information about the increase of average duration of pension funds' government securities holdings in Hungary.
- Pension experts weigh impact of long bond's return. Moon, Susanna // Employee Benefit News;9/15/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p64
Discusses the impact of 30-year Treasury bond's return on pension plans in the U.S. Difference between a government-backed rate and a riskier market rate; Reason of the U.S. for stopping the issuing of long bonds in 2001; Information on the long bond used by pension plans sponsors to determine...
- Administration stymies pension change effort. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;5/5/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 18, p1
The U.S. President George W. Bush's administration unwillingness to make a permanent recommendation on how employers should value pension liabilities comes as a blow to business groups, which have been vigorously lobbying the administration and U.S. Congress to make a change.Mr. Peter Fisher...
- Evanston's Big Liabilities. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32997, p9
The article reports that Evanston, Illinois faces a $145.8 million unfunded liability in its public safety pension fund, which includes a 44 percent ratio for the police funds and 41 percent for the fire fund. To fund the growing liability of the pension fund the city is planning to issue...