What makes an excellent virtual manager?
- Enhancing Organizational Awareness: An Analysis of Whole Scale Change. Arena, Michael J. // Organization Development Journal;Spring2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p9
Presents a case study analysis of the White Scale Change methodology's ability to enhance organizational awareness and information sharing. Methodology's ability to enhance the level of organizational awareness; Eliminating traditional organizational boundaries through information sharing; Forum...
- Using Organizational Network Analysis to Improve Integration Across Organizational Boundaries. Novak, Dan; Rennaker, Mark; Turner, Paulette // People & Strategy;2011, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p32
The article describes examples of Organizational Network Analysis (ONA) in practice. Organization network analysis is described in the article as a method that can be used in organization design to diagnose gaps in communication and collaboration and to measure effectiveness of organizational...
- EL TRABAJO A DISTANCIA Â«EXIGEÂ» PRESENCIA EN LA OFICINA. Edelberg, Guillermo S. // Debates IESA;jul-sep2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p7
No abstract available.
- 5 Basic Needs of Virtual Workforces. Rayess, Randy // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;3/17/2015, p2
The article discusses principles that can help address remote management challenges facing organizations that are employing virtual workers including convenience, transparency, and accountability.
- Leading Virtual Teams. Malhotra, Arvind; Majchrzak, Ann; Rosen, Benson // Academy of Management Perspectives;Feb2007, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p60
Virtual teams, whose members are geographically dispersed and cross-functional yet work on highly interdependent tasks, present unique leadership challenges. Based on our observations, interviews, and survey data, we identify six leadership practices of effective leaders of virtual teams....
- executive management in a flat organisation. La Rooy, Gerard // Human Resources Magazine;Apr/May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the development and introduction of an executive structure in a flat organisation. Flatter structures have become options for organisations for reasons including improvement of communication, enhancement of job satisfaction, and reduction of management cost. The author...
- WORKPLACE RIGHTS. Burd, Michael; Davies, James; Silkin, Lewis // Management Today;May2013, Issue 5, p14
The article considers telecommuting and home labor, noting difficulties in managing employees who work at home, primarily a lack of employee information on many organizational activities but also noting that technological innovations will result in an increased number of home workers.
- VEIKSNIAI, Ä®GALINANTYS VEIKSMINGAI VEIKTI ORGANIZACIJÅ² TINKLÄ„. Ribačonka, Edgaras; Kasnauskė, Jurgita // Regional Formation & Development Studies;2013, Issue 10, p189
This article analyze the factors enabling a network of organizations to operate efficiently. It was found that an effective network of organizations -- is a network with a common purpose and policies, different types of resources necessary for performance of the activities, coordinated...
- The Power of Process Orientation. Sever, Kay // Quality Progress;Jan2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p46
The article describes how managers can address the lack of internal communication in organizations by showing the departments their role as suppliers and customers to one another's processes. The focus on process orientation deals with the often neglected people side of continuous improvement....