- THE VALIDITY OF CERTAIN CRITICISMS OF THE MTM PROCEDURE. Frankhauser, Giovanni // Advanced Management Journal;Fall66, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p45
Discusses the criticisms of the Methods-Time Measurement (MTM) procedure. Advantages of MTM; Scientific character of the MTM; Normal performance of MTM; Influence of the direction of a motion; Methods improvement and normal time determination.
- THE INTRODUCTION OF MTM INTO THE PLANT. Frankhauser, Giovanni // Advanced Management Journal;Winter67, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p65
Focuses on the introduction and implementation of the methods-time measurement (MTM) into the manufacturing plants. Dangers and causes of excessive incentive bonuses; Causes and consequences of loose standard times; Subdivisions of delay allowances; Delay allowances to be used in connection...
- What MTM Does for The Plant Manager. Burik, Joseph A. // Industrial Management;Jun67, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p2
Examines the advantages of using methods-time measurement (MTM), one of the predetermined motion time systems. Scope of plant manager's job; Ways and means to achieve the desired objective with the aid of MTM; Originators of the scientific management approach.
- Choice is the key for Silentnight. // Cabinet Maker;8/29/2003, Issue 5353, p7
Reports on the trends at the Silentnight At Home furniture exhibition in Great Britain. Launch of the Rio bedroom range by Homeworthy Furniture; Number of combinations for the Hibernate brand of Silentnight Beds; Price of the furniture offered by Layezee Beds.
- Silentnight and Layzee B&Q it with bed offering. // Cabinet Maker;1/30/2004, Issue 5373, p4
Focuses on the deal between furniture companies B&Q, Silentnight Beds and Layezee Beds in England. Terms of the agreement; Marketing of the companies' products; Advantage of the agreement for the three companies.
- The MTM method - with special reference to the physically handicapped. Hasselqvist, Olle // Management Services;May78, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
The purpose of this article is to give information about the methods-time management (MTM) system as a technique for job analysis and to show how it can be used to benefit partially disabled people. The combination of MTM and the physically handicapped is very interesting. Looking at the...
- An Extension of MTM-2. Minter, Alfred // Management Services;Sep79, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p10
MTM-2 is well established and widely accepted as a means of describing a sequence of human movements and assigning a "Basic Time" to that sequence. But there is more to movement than time. To date, only one system, Transit Modapts has ventured into the field of energy estimation, and although...
- MTM Core Data -- a new dimension in PMTS. Robinson, John R. // Management Services;Aug1980, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
Predetermined motion time systems are not new. Methods Time Measurement (MTM) undoubtedly the best known system, was first introduced in the late 1940's, but as many readers will be aware it was predated by some 20 years by Segur's Motion Time Analysis. All of these systems represent the...
- Company Time Standards and the Role of PMTS in the Clothing Industry. Tyler, David J. // Management Services;May88, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
This article comments on company time standards and the role of Predetermined Motion Time Systems (PMTS) in the clothing industry of Great Britain. If predetermined motion time systems are to be widely used in the clothing industry, dedicated systems must be employed. This is because a...